None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1118 posts
86 upvotes
Markham

Best Value IPTV

I've been through the thread regarding IPTV options, but I was hoping to get some recommendations on the best value IPTV on the market. I know the nVidia Shield gets a lot of buzz but looking for something a bit cheaper.

I'm looking for 4k support and obviously kodi support as well. Something that won't break down quickly either. Looking to spend about 100-170ish.
20 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16463 posts
2108 upvotes
It seems like you're interested in a Media Player rather than IPTV?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3436 posts
858 upvotes
Toronto
4K IPTV?!?!?! Whoa, sign me up! lol

I think you need to differentiate between an IPTV service and a media player STB.
Jan 1, 2013
760 posts
214 upvotes
Durham
There is nothing out there IPTV or Kodi related for 4k. But a "4k ready" box is a good way to future proof somewhat. Due to the bandwidth requirements, I doubt we will see actual 4k content on Kodi or IPTV.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1114 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kkhan15 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 9:58 am
There is nothing out there IPTV or Kodi related for 4k. But a "4k ready" box is a good way to future proof somewhat. Due to the bandwidth requirements, I doubt we will see actual 4k content on Kodi or IPTV.
TBH, there are some servers working on providing 4K resolution, but if you have a MAG box or AVOV, those do not support H.265 so it will be hard to output 4K. As Kkhan15 suggests get a "4K ready" box and get an IPTV server separate. PM me.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Apr 11, 2012
315 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
You can get New Android box which are 4K ready and run IP tv on it. Some IP tv server already started transmitting UHD and 4K channels. So, no harm in getting box with 4K options. M8s, MxQ, Kii etc are few boxes which are rated good.
Feb 13, 2015
938 posts
141 upvotes
Oakville, ON
What are some reliable and good iptv providers? Been skeptical about it, but now I'm leaning towards going with one.
Apr 11, 2012
315 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
th12mq wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 7:30 pm
What are some reliable and good iptv providers? Been skeptical about it, but now I'm leaning towards going with one.
Depends on what kind of content you want to watch.
Jan 1, 2013
760 posts
214 upvotes
Durham
jaggu2001 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 3:42 pm
You can get New Android box which are 4K ready and run IP tv on it. Some IP tv server already started transmitting UHD and 4K channels. So, no harm in getting box with 4K options. M8s, MxQ, Kii etc are few boxes which are rated good.
They have them, but it does not output actual 4k such as a Bell or Rogers box. The interface that these IPTV servers use cannot process it. I have a 4K tv and had the service that claimed 4k channels and they did not output 4k due to the interface limitations. I think there is a new Mag box coming that will support HDMI 2.0, so hopefully Mag will rebuild its interface to actually support 4k. But until then, don't fall for it. They advertise it, they show it in their guides, but no IPTV interface can support it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1114 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kkhan15 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 7:10 am
They have them, but it does not output actual 4k such as a Bell or Rogers box. The interface that these IPTV servers use cannot process it. I have a 4K tv and had the service that claimed 4k channels and they did not output 4k due to the interface limitations. I think there is a new Mag box coming that will support HDMI 2.0, so hopefully Mag will rebuild its interface to actually support 4k. But until then, don't fall for it. They advertise it, they show it in their guides, but no IPTV interface can support it.
Hey which box do you have mag 254? Have you done the proper HDMI resolution on them? because I've noticed that a new Informir box are not setup for 1080P resolution so you have to manually change the feed settings yourself.

And for FYI, I'm using StarIPTV and its amazing! I've watched the box PPV event, ALL Jays game, Raps Play-off game, and mostly English channels (CBC, CITYTV, CP24, CNN, Global, etc.) and no issues!

Internet: Bell 25/10
Devices: Mag 254 (Ethernet)
AVOV Red (Wireless)
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Jan 1, 2013
760 posts
214 upvotes
Durham
lamboman wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 7:35 am
Hey which box do you have mag 254? Have you done the proper HDMI resolution on them? because I've noticed that a new Informir box are not setup for 1080P resolution so you have to manually change the feed settings yourself.
I have a 4k Android box. I opted not to go IPTV as the wife found it too confusing lol. But even on the interface settings, there is no "4k" setting. I had it on 1080p and worked flawless. I would have kept my setup and wait for the new Mag 4k box, but again...Happy wife, happy life lol. And I have a good deal with Bell including a free 4k pvr.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1114 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kkhan15 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 7:43 am
I have a 4k Android box. I opted not to go IPTV as the wife found it too confusing lol. But even on the interface settings, there is no "4k" setting. I had it on 1080p and worked flawless. I would have kept my setup and wait for the new Mag 4k box, but again...Happy wife, happy life lol. And I have a good deal with Bell including a free 4k pvr.
LOL I feel you bro...But in my life watching TV is not a priority, so anywhere I can save a few bucks I will do it. Hence reason why I've been with IPTV for almost 2 years! I mean we watch International (tamil) content, and usually those are not in HD. So having Bell or Rogers for that totally would not make any sense at all. The only thing I normally watch on TV is either movies or sports (Jays, Raps, TFC, and NO LEAFS! haha), and I honestly do not care as much for 4K or 1080P, but the quality I get through IPTV is absolutely stunning! Even my buddies got these boxes and the service after watching a couple of games on my box!

But s'all good man, we can't keep everyone happy! But definitely we will be happy if our second half of us is happy! Cheers bud!

AND GO JAYSSSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5362 posts
1135 upvotes
Whitby
lamboman wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 7:35 am
And for FYI, I'm using StarIPTV and its amazing! I've watched the box PPV event, ALL Jays game, Raps Play-off game, and mostly English channels (CBC, CITYTV, CP24, CNN, Global, etc.) and no issues!
Price?.....free trial available?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1114 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Zamboni wrote:
Apr 18th, 2016 8:39 am
Price?.....free trial available?
Price = $15 Monthly
Trial = Sorry no trial.