Art and Photography

Best vantage points in Toronto and Montreal?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2017 8:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR

Best vantage points in Toronto and Montreal?

I'll be in Toronto for about a week in December of 2017 and in Montreal in April of 2018. Any suggestions on the best vantage points in those cities?
30 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR
No one wants to share their secrets with me?
Mar 3, 2011
632 posts
511 upvotes
What kind of vantage points are you looking for? Everything that has a vantage point in Toronto usually costs you as nothing is free. Your best bet is CN Tower on a non-cloudy day for day time, you can also try Canoe restaurant and Panorama Bar/Resto at Yonge & Bloor has a great view south of the city.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR
markopas wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:21 pm
What kind of vantage points are you looking for? Everything that has a vantage point in Toronto usually costs you as nothing is free. Your best bet is CN Tower on a non-cloudy day for day time, you can also try Canoe restaurant and Panorama Bar/Resto at Yonge & Bloor has a great view south of the city.
How about to see the skyline of Toronto?

https://www.bioconnect.com/wp-content/u ... kyline.jpg
Feb 1, 2015
608 posts
133 upvotes
MB
Polson Pier is a 15-20 min walk from the Distillery station, but it is a less crowded photog. place than Centre Island.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2594 posts
253 upvotes
Vaughan
I will rephrase my comment above. Since it seems like rfd' s finest are in this thread.

If you want to best vantage point of the skyline. Pay the money to go to center island. The Polson pier gives you a weird side view. You don't have to take my word for it. Google it, and you can see for yourself.
For Sale
Banana Republic Mens Top Coat
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/banana-r ... st24082895
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR
phuviano wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 11:40 pm
I will rephrase my comment above. Since it seems like rfd' s finest are in this thread.

If you want to best vantage point of the skyline. Pay the money to go to center island. The Polson pier gives you a weird side view. You don't have to take my word for it. Google it, and you can see for yourself.
How much is it to go to Centre Island?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2594 posts
253 upvotes
Vaughan
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 1:19 am
Only way to get to Centre Island? If so, sounds a bit like Liberty Island in NYC.
Yes, since there's no bridge to the island. Unless you want to swim.

Definitely not like Granville island in Vancouver, where you can drive to.
For Sale
Banana Republic Mens Top Coat
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/banana-r ... st24082895
Aug 25, 2015
978 posts
219 upvotes
Montreal, QC
the only free vintage point in Montréal is Mount Royal itself otherwise you are looking at paying around $25 to access the best points. Ville-Marie would be the best