PS3 Wii. XBOX other???

Which one is the best for 4-8 yr olds ?
16 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13718 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
console-wise i would say the wii. if we're talking about handhelds too then the ds/3ds could appeal to them too.
Sep 12, 2011
405 posts
76 upvotes
Cambridge
Wii for sure. I have a Wii and an Xbox 360 and there are tons of age appropriate games on the wii but I'm having trouble finding ones for the Xbox. Another problem with the Xbox is the ads. Parental controls don't block gruesome ads from the homescreen for some reason.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
4786 posts
993 upvotes
Kanata
Wii! No question, lovable characters that have been around for ages!
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Sep 22, 2007
110 posts
21 upvotes
iOS. Get a refruibished iPad or ipad mini. Cheap games plus video and movies and its portable.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
Crayons and coloring books.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7248 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Nintendo DS Lite with R4.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
2783 posts
239 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
Nintendo Ds lite or Nintendo 3ds ARE GREAT CHOICES

if u want it for the tv then Nintendo Wii
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1375 posts
247 upvotes
If you decide on the Wii then you may want to consider the Wii U. It's backwards compatible with Wii titles. Plus it's more future proof than the Wii. The Wii for all intents and purposes is a discontinued model with the release of the Wii U (as will the 360 when Microsoft releases their next console. They immediately abandoned the original xbox when the 360 was released.) . As your kids grow up you'll be able to buy new software for them with the Wii U.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
2830 posts
726 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I'd have to say XBOX! My 3 year old loves Dead Space 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and just so he has appreciation for the classics I picked him up the Doom 3 BFG edition. Great games for kids! Although when he went to daycare last week he opened the door to the little tykes car and threw the kid driving it on the ground and jumped in and took off, ran some people over and got out and beat his daycare provider with a baseball bat. When he was Given a time out he started screaming something about his teachers being necromorphs and how "they all needed to be dismembered "! Yep he loves his Xbox!

Note: if anyone can't tell, this story might be a joke
Deal Fanatic
Jul 19, 2012
9987 posts
1633 upvotes
Montreal
the best bang for the buck? an old gamecube with a stack of 1st party mario, zelda, kirby, dk games. tons of great kids titles on that and it's very cheap.

if you want current gen then I'd stay far away from the xbox 360 as it has very few little kids games and is child-unfriendly with a shooter mentality (which I love btw). either the ps3 (for the ratchet and clank franchise alone) or the wii (mario city) are better choices. I don't know about the wii u and giving a 4 year old control over that irreplaceable lcd controller. one mishap and you're in line at 1-800 nintendo support to beg for another at 100 dollars+ or who knows how much?
× < >