• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2018 3:19 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost

Best Water - Ontario

I was at this spring yesterday. I took home only about 35 litres which blasted through the outlet easily in 30 seconds. No one else was around for the 10 minutes I was there, and there rarely ever is as all this tremendous resource drains away. I've visited other springs too, but this one is special. Thought I would share. Please respect the place if you go! Drinking a litre of cold gold onsite is something you will really enjoy.

14 replies
Sep 30, 2015
35 posts
10 upvotes
Ashburn, ON
Chalk Lake spring on Lakeridge Rd in Uxbridge Township.
Very popular spot for decades and tested by the Region for safety.
I'm still on the turnip truck
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
toronto19850 wrote: id be skeptical about how safe drinking that is.
It has been fine for myself over many years, however it is good to be skeptical, and test it before you drink it. I don't however.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2547 posts
1902 upvotes
GTA
Prefer the taste of water coming straight outta the kitchen faucet.

Many years ago went through a phase of drinking only spring water from the large jugs in the grocery store before realizing it was a colossal waste of money and not proven to be better than tap water.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
eager beaver wrote: It has been fine for myself over many years, however it is good to be skeptical, and test it before you drink it. I don't however.
Just since it isn't regulated stuff like animals with diseases could go drink some water, pee, poop all over that and you'd never know until it's too late. Other stuff like rusting, corroding, pollution, etc.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote: Just since it isn't regulated stuff like animals with diseases could go drink some water, pee, poop all over that and you'd never know until it's too late. Other stuff like rusting, corroding, pollution, etc.
Quit making stuff up.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Quit making stuff up.
Making stuff up? you're saying non of that could happen when drinking from a spring that isn't locked, enclosed, just out there. Where do you think animals would drink water? Probably from lakes, rivers, springs.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote: Making stuff up? you're saying non of that could happen when drinking from a spring that isn't locked, enclosed, just out there. Where do you think animals would drink water? Probably from lakes, rivers, springs.
Yup. You're just making stuff up to create an unneeded fear. There is nothing to back your claim. Nothing.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Yup. You're just making stuff up to create an unneeded fear. There is nothing to back your claim. Nothing.
Simmer down, I said it's possible, not a fact. Go drink your water from there I could care less, I won't.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
You could run that through a Berkey/AlexaPure/Propur or something, no?