Cell Phones

best way to cut SIM card into micro SIM?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2012 2:51 am
Tags:
None
May 12, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes

best way to cut SIM card into micro SIM?

What's the safest and easiest way to do this? (Greater Vancouver area). 7-11 Speakout apparently doesn't offer micro SIM cards. We just filled the card with air time and want to be careful not to damage the card.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
I cut it manually using a pair of scissors and i am not really very good at this stuff. In the end though, the home made solution is working great for the last 8 months :)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
desidealer49 wrote: I cut it manually using a pair of scissors and i am not really very good at this stuff. In the end though, the home made solution is working great for the last 8 months :)
I did It first on a Rogers SIM for fun to see If I can do It properly.. Ended up breaking.. I then took the safe route and got It cut using the MicroSIM cutter a wireless store for like $3, Lol.
May 12, 2006
123 posts
2 upvotes
So do all wireless stores sell a cutter for cheap, or should I avoid certain stores?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
anony wrote: So do all wireless stores sell a cutter for cheap, or should I avoid certain stores?
Not really sell but they have a service where they can cut It for you If you ask them If they have a MicroSIM cutter or not.
If you can wait you can buy a MicroSIM cutter from eBay. They're probably around $10?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Micro-SIM? Use the adapter, make a paper template, then use a box cutter.

Nano-SIM? I'm not as confident.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5202 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
Jimboski wrote: Not really sell but they have a service where they can cut It for you If you ask them If they have a MicroSIM cutter or not.
If you can wait you can buy a MicroSIM cutter from eBay. They're probably around $10?
I got mine from ebay for $5 shippsed. It works like a charm. It comes with two adapters in case you want to go back to a phone using regular SIMs. Shipping took 2.5 weeks. Now I can cut for other ppl...
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Micro-SIM? Use the adapter, make a paper template, then use a box cutter.

Nano-SIM? I'm not as confident.
Exactly.... I did this awhile ago for the Wifes Iphone...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)