Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3326 posts
77 upvotes

Best way to find new workers.

Do you have any tips to find good workers?

*Should I post on RFD?* :P
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15414 posts
5680 upvotes
I'm assuming it's some sort of fast-food franchise?

If so, your target market is teens. What's about the only way to advertise to them? One of those big billboards outside the place stating "Now hiring". Hell, even take the opportunity to put a special on it too.

This will get the attention of the teens that live around there (As those are probably the most likely to apply) and the parents driving by (Who want their kids to get a job).
Nov 2, 2003
244 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
So weekdays 6am to 7pm, at minimum wages?

High school students, immigrants and the elderly. I don't see any other major market willing to earn those wages.

Ethnic community news papers, seniors homes, community centres, high school ads... ?
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
31 Spooner St. NIFOC
Blunt wrote: *Should I post on RFD?* :P
Why not? There's a career section you can post in...

I would stay away from students though, at least high school students as they'll most likely quit on you when school starts and you'll have to hire/train new employees again.

University students could work out great though as they're schedules are very flexible usually.
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]