Shopping Discussion

Best way to get rid of amazon.ca gift card balance?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2012 2:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
3620 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto

Best way to get rid of amazon.ca gift card balance?

I have over 700 dollars in amazon gift card balance, already redeemed so i can't sell the gift cards.

I already bought everything i need and want off of amazon.ca

I was wondering if there was a item that would give me a high resell value

thanks a bunch!
4 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43211 posts
3037 upvotes
Toronto
How long do you have till the balance expires? If anything you can keep for future stuff..

As for Items that have re-sell value.. If anything you buy It at regular price and try to sell for receipt price so that way you get your cash back.

I don't think there are items that you can buy low sell high on Amazon because they're kinda like a store.. As the prices are really discounted to buy low and sell high.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
3620 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 9th, 2012 4:33 am
How long do you have till the balance expires? If anything you can keep for future stuff..

As for Items that have re-sell value.. If anything you buy It at regular price and try to sell for receipt price so that way you get your cash back.

I don't think there are items that you can buy low sell high on Amazon because they're kinda like a store.. As the prices are really discounted to buy low and sell high.

umm the balance doesn't expire,

amazon.ca doesn't have a huge selection, and i don't think i can sell most items there at receipt value because its usually priced lower elsewhere.

edit: would this work? making another account, selling something ridiculously high, and then buying it with my original account
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1172 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
Gotoff wrote:
Jan 9th, 2012 5:14 am
umm the balance doesn't expire,

amazon.ca doesn't have a huge selection, and i don't think i can sell most items there at receipt value because its usually priced lower elsewhere.

edit: would this work? making another account, selling something ridiculously high, and then buying it with my original account

Yeah a second account would work but you have to make sure it's created and used etc on a different IP address because Amazon will detect multiple accounts on your IP and suspend/block your account.. Use a VPN or something and a secondary address...
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2300 posts
363 upvotes
Ottawa
Wait and buy a camcorder/computer/laptop/cell phone/watches/etc when you want those later.

Alternatively, start ordering any gifts that you want to give to people online now.
× < >