Personal Finance

Best way to pay 2000 Euros for vacation rental property in Paris?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2013 9:41 am
Tags:
None
Mar 14, 2006
998 posts
579 upvotes
Coquitlam

Best way to pay 2000 Euros for vacation rental property in Paris?

We are paying for a vacation rental by owner property that we are staying at in March for 12 nights. We have put a 25% deposit down already via paypal but the owner charged us an additional 4% for the Paypal fees. For the remaining 2000 Euro payment required is there a better and cheaper way of paying the owner in Paris that is also safe......perhaps via a non bank wire transfer? The CIBC currency rate for Euros seemed pretty high so I am not sure if I would use my bank for the wire transfer. The owner is not a credit card vendor so we can't use Visa or Mastercard. The owner also has many good independant reviews so she seems to be trustworthy.

Thanks for any help offered!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1913 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Kasakato wrote: Xe
+1. Yes, I have done this with XE Trade. There is no charge to deposit into a French account in Euros.
Mar 14, 2006
998 posts
579 upvotes
Coquitlam
Great thanks for the tip on XE Trade! I just signed up to XE trade.......How do you get my Canadian funds to XE Trade so that I can set up a payment in Euros to a Paris bank account? How long does it take to transfer the funds?

I have never dealt with XE Trade, so can i just confirm that you guys have tansferred funds with these guys in the past and not had any problems or issues.

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
SPACEMANRICK wrote: Great thanks for the tip on XE Trade! I just signed up to XE trade.......How do you get my Canadian funds to XE Trade so that I can set up a payment in Euros to a Paris bank account? How long does it take to transfer the funds?

I have never dealt with XE Trade, so can i just confirm that you guys have tansferred funds with these guys in the past and not had any problems or issues.

Thanks!
You pay Xe as a bill pavement (provided you do not use CIBC). They send the euros via BOA in the US for free (ETF/ACH) or about $20 (wire). I'm currently living in France and use it all the time. Transfer time via ETF is about 4 bus days.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1913 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SPACEMANRICK wrote: I have never dealt with XE Trade, so can i just confirm that you guys have tansferred funds with these guys in the past and not had any problems or issues.Thanks!
Sorry for the delay. I sent Euro with XE Trade about a month ago. I paid with a bill payment in Canada and they received the funds by EFT for free. It was quick and simple and the rate was decent. If they need it very quickly, you can send via wire with a cost of $22.00CAD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)