• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 12:36 am
[OP]
Jul 10, 2013
503 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto

Best weekly car rental rates?

Hey RFD folks, I'm looking to rent a car for week in late January, any suggestion on where i should look?

I checked out enterprise and budget so far and they have relatively the same rate. I'm posting here hoping someone might know of some discounts or promotions that I haven't came across.

Thanks.
10 replies
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
onlinesurfer wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:40 am
Hey RFD folks, I'm looking to rent a car for week in late January, any suggestion on where i should look?

I checked out enterprise and budget so far and they have relatively the same rate. I'm posting here hoping someone might know of some discounts or promotions that I haven't came across.

Thanks.
Check Turo.. you can probably get a nice luxury car for cheaper compared to the big rental companies.
[OP]
Jul 10, 2013
503 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, never knew about Turo, so this site is basically an AirBnB for your car?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7355 posts
1063 upvotes
onlinesurfer wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:30 am
Wow, never knew about Turo, so this site is basically an AirBnB for your car?
If you dont have a car insurance policy with non owned car coverage, turo wont be cheaper since credit card rental coverage wont cover it. You would have to buy it from truro, with terms much worse then the rental cos insurance option. Yes it is the airb&b of car rental. Even without the insurance issue it probably wont be cheaper if you are just renting on price, its not worth it for people to undercut the rental cos after the Turo's fee. If you wanted a higher end car it probably is cheaper, but understand insurance
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5345 posts
1514 upvotes
Kootenays
georvu wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:25 pm
Cdn site:

https://www.costcotravel.ca/Rental-Cars

Compare airport prices and local branches. Have seen quotes where local was much cheaper [$500 for 2 week rental vs $1800 at airport BUT check both].
The only reason I linked the US site was they tend to be 10-20% cheaper (all in cdn$) than the Canadian Costco site. I've booked for 7-15 days with them 8-10 times in the past couple of years. You also have to check often, because the prices might change many times in the month or so leading up to the reservation. If it gets cheaper, it's simply a case of booking the cheaper rate and cancelling the existing reservation.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2638 posts
477 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
smacd wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:29 pm
The only reason I linked the US site was they tend to be 10-20% cheaper (all in cdn$) than the Canadian Costco site. I've booked for 7-15 days with them 8-10 times in the past couple of years. You also have to check often, because the prices might change many times in the month or so leading up to the reservation. If it gets cheaper, it's simply a case of booking the cheaper rate and cancelling the existing reservation.
I didn't know that... now gotta check both local and airport locations on two sites!!

Worth it for the savings!! Thanks.
Feb 7, 2008
650 posts
206 upvotes
Kelowna
That's correct. Go through US Costco website. I've booked car for my wife and was much cheaper than cdn site.
smacd wrote:
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1202 posts
404 upvotes
Windsor
smacd wrote:
I second this and I have booked them probably 25-30 times in last two years and .com is always cheaper than .ca .... Same is true for enterprise.com & .ca to some extent