Computers & Electronics

Best wifi scanner to digitize receipts and paper documents?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 9:57 pm
Jul 18, 2007
138 posts
15 upvotes
London

Best wifi scanner to digitize receipts and paper documents?

What wifi-enabled scanner would you guys recommend is the best to digitize receipts and paper documents? There are a few to choose from on amazon.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes
IX500. But price is up at the top right now. So use your phone instead.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Jan 15, 2010
568 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
If your situation allows it, use your phone. For personal use I use Scannable by evernote. It will scan my documents, do OCR, create a pdf and store it in various places. It works really well and is free.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1482 posts
540 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you wish to just keep a record, or you actually need to reproduce them?

If it is the former then just use your phone like what the above poster said. There are apps that does a very good job of "scanning" the document. Microsoft has a free one called Office Lens.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
1228 posts
696 upvotes
mississauga
i bought an HP all in one for $29 canadian and just used the scanner for about 6 months, then the better half wanted to print something so was no brainer
Jul 18, 2007
138 posts
15 upvotes
London
csi123 wrote: Do you wish to just keep a record, or you actually need to reproduce them?

If it is the former then just use your phone like what the above poster said. There are apps that does a very good job of "scanning" the document. Microsoft has a free one called Office Lens.
Thanks! Mostly to keep a record, but if an app is out there that can OCR them and auto sort them for free, it would be awesome. YGWYPF I suppose.