Food & Drink

Best wings inT.O.? ANGELA'S PIZZA WINGS!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2005 4:46 am
Tags:
None
Jan 12, 2005
101 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario

Best wings inT.O.? ANGELA'S PIZZA WINGS!!!

I have got to say that Angela's wings must be the best even though it's a small take-out shop. I have tried All-star wings as posted on the forum, they are really good, but they don't beat Angela's taste. All-star's have a huge variety of flavors and taste awsome but Angela's are breaded well on large wings with very good sauce esspecially honey galic. You got to give them a try, on the corner of Vic park and I believe Van Horne (just south of Finch).
32 replies
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
Yup still didn't try them mjl. Places just looked so ghetto and had no menus to order from. Maybe I'll try it later...
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1480 posts
135 upvotes
i was just there and finished a plate of 22 honey garlic wings. The place is indeed very "ghetto" looking inside. honestly its not the best i have ever had. the sauce is good, wings are nicely crisp (fried), price was decent $9.99 for 22 wings(although i think i only counted 20). as well, they charge you $.50 for any type of sauce added. so it was $9.99 + $0.50 + taxes. If you guys really wanted some good wings. go to king george's arm near sheppard and victoria park.(its in the plaza where the Wendys and Timmys is) They have happy hours from 4:00pm-6:00pm, Mon-Thurs. Half price all appetizers. Wings are very good, as well as their wedges. i think 1 1/2 lbs of wings and wedges for $13.99 half price equals around $7.00. Only caveat is you must buy a drink. alcoholic or non. this place is a bar/pub afterall.
Sep 19, 2004
130 posts
Try Archiblads, on Yonge St just south of 16th.

They are superb, and if you got some guts try their Suicide
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
there is a small chinese restaurant up in NewMarket, they have AWESOME wings!...the restaurant is called Tang & Nephew

110 Pony Drive, Unit 15
Newmarket, Ontario
L3Y 7B6
Mok
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
So far the best wings I've had are at this place called 244 Pizza and wings. Weston road and Eglinton is the major intersection. Best bang for you buck imo. I'll have to give Angela's a try I guess dispite the ghettoness.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Nov 15, 2004
778 posts
3 upvotes
phillbert wrote: Only caveat is you must buy a drink. alcoholic or non. this place is a bar/pub afterall.
I guess all the best wings places are in the east side. I live in sauga and there ain't any good wings I know around here. Hmm a drink is require, beer always go well with wings :D
Jun 20, 2004
893 posts
16 upvotes
"Angela's wings - Vic park and I believe Van Horne"

...hmmm i play hockey there friday nights, what time r they opened till?
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
This place is crap.. i went to school there (pleasant view) and no one would buy there... some dirty place b4 they renovated
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Oct 22, 2003
704 posts
11 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:So far the best wings I've had are at this place called 244 Pizza and wings. Weston road and Eglinton is the major intersection. Best bang for you buck imo. I'll have to give Angela's a try I guess dispite the ghettoness.
they only taste good when ur lucky, most of the time theyre undercooked or overcooked.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
ctam wrote:I guess all the best wings places are in the east side. I live in sauga and there ain't any good wings I know around here. Hmm a drink is require, beer always go well with wings :D
Not true. Try Turtlejacks on WingNight. Get 'em dusted and get the roasters (less wings than the fryers but bigger and better).
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
evilserge wrote:they only taste good when ur lucky, most of the time theyre undercooked or overcooked.
Nah man it's always been good for me. I guess they don't like you ;)
Jan 4, 2005
76 posts
Richmond Hill
this thread is about the best wings in toronto, not the best deal, so to talk about angelas prices, well it doesn't change what they taste like right?...
i have been to angela's pizza and wings and I must say they are the best i've ever had.
usually i just like getting the hottest sauce available on my wings, just cuz most places have pretty common vinegary tasting sauces, but angelas is totally different. they're hot sauce is great, but i enjoy getting the mild sauce there even more cuz it's so flavourful...and yes the honey garlic cannot be topped, i've tried many a wing place and i've never tried a honey garlic sauce like theirs....my only warning, if you don't like battered wings you won't like this place, but if you do, I don't see why you wouldn't like it.

also I've been to archi's on yonge....very generic bar wing, not bad, but nothing worth talking about
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
I went by Angela's yesterday to try out some of the wings. Cost like $5.25 for 8 wings and wedges. The lady ended up giving me 10 wings. My thoughts. They had really good batter and the wings were really crispy. The wings however did lack some serious flavor and it didn't taste like the wings were marinated. I like to sometimes have my wings plain with no sauce and in order to do that the wings need to be marinated for flavor other wise it's really plain. The honey garlic sauce I got with it was extremely thin like water. All in all I thought the wings were fair. Definately not the best I've had but minor tweaks would make them among the best. It won't be the last time I go there. Hopefully next time the wings will have a bit more taste.

IMO the best wings are still at 244 Pizza and Wings in the west end.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3983 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
Hey, glad to see you finally tried it.

I agree, it would taste awesome if they marinated the wings with the sauce but then I worry that the wings would lose it's crispiness. I personally prefer the thin honey garlic sauce over thick ones. I just had it again this past weekend. mmm...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
My favourite wing places are All Stars, BullFrogs and St Louis.

Angela's I still need to try.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Jan 4, 2005
76 posts
Richmond Hill
fyi
you can't marinate wings if you expect to batter them after for deep frying
you can put a dry rub on but if it's left for too long then it'll take the moisture outta the meat
you'll find that people usually won't marinate chicken wings because of these reasons
thank you come again