Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BestBuy - 4gb Crucial Laptop Ram DDR3 1333mhz $19.99 in store

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2012 8:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes

[Best Buy] BestBuy - 4gb Crucial Laptop Ram DDR3 1333mhz $19.99 in store

Didn't see this posted, and I think its a good deal for anybody with a new laptop with one Dimm in it.

Anybody that purchased a Lenovo from Lenovo or BB or FS or wherever with 4gb ram usually has one slot free.

In the flyer this week theres a pic of Laptop ram and all it says is Crucial and 4gb. Online the Ram shows as 533mhz which might turn anybody off from purchasing it but its actually 1333Mhz, i know, I went to the store and picked up the last one in my area. Online its showing OOS. It was $69.99 on the shelf I think.

U can get 4gb ram from computer shops for close to this price, but most of us don't have those stores close by and shipping kills the deal, where as BB is usually withing reach.

I bought it and popped it into the $330 lenovo B570 i3 refurb I got from FS the other day and it works perfect. 8gb's to play wit now.
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
41 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1226 posts
130 upvotes
Barrie/Toronto
Thanks! I'm going to go see if my local BB has this, how do I get it for $19.99 when the website has that it's 533mhz & the shelf tag in-store for the 1333mhz says $69.99????
My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
Feb 7, 2006
341 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal
Answers wrote: Didn't see this posted, and I think its a good deal for anybody with a new laptop with one Dimm in it.

It's crucial CT51264BC1339, not corsair, even better!
Link to spec.
Jan 24, 2012
529 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
Picking one up today.
Hope there is stock at Richmond Hill BB.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
2117 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
Answers wrote: If you click the link in my post u will see that there not the same, one is 2, 2gb chips and the one i posted is a single 4gb chip. BIG difference

Serious question: can you elaborate on this big difference? I have a 1-year old Dell Vostro 3450 notebook with 3GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM (I don't know other detail specifications of the RAM), and I want to replace one 1GB with one 4GB. I was assuming any DDR3 1333Mhz RAM would work -- am I wrong? Could one of this be compatible and the other not? If both are compatible, does one perform better than the other? Thanks.
Apr 27, 2012
5 posts
Out of stock online, but I choose the pick up at store option. Thanks OP! :D
Banned
Sep 22, 2011
331 posts
85 upvotes
ssiu wrote: Serious question: can you elaborate on this big difference? I have a 1-year old Dell Vostro 3450 notebook with 3GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM (I don't know other detail specifications of the RAM), and I want to replace one 1GB with one 4GB. I was assuming any DDR3 1333Mhz RAM would work -- am I wrong? Could one of this be compatible and the other not? If both are compatible, does one perform better than the other? Thanks.

You want the most ram possible per slot. 4 GB in one slot > 2 x 2 GB in two slots for upgrade reasons.
Yes you can replace the 1 GB with 4 GB.
Oct 23, 2005
684 posts
257 upvotes
PurePsychism wrote: You want the most ram possible per slot. 4 GB in one slot > 2 x 2 GB in two slots for upgrade reasons.

And if your OS is 64Bit to make it useful.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2069 posts
1026 upvotes
Nepean
Thanks and thanked!

I picked up the last one at BestBuy on Merivale in Ottawa. The Futureshop beside BB had about 5 in stock, so I got them to pricematch a 2nd one that I needed. No hassles.
Wrocky
Jan 14, 2007
349 posts
9 upvotes
Picked up 2x 4gb Crucial for my old MB.

2gb to 8gb should be a nice little bump in performance.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22158 posts
10324 upvotes
Toronto
shwinn wrote: Picked up 2x 4gb Crucial for my old MB.

2gb to 8gb should be a nice little bump in performance.

Your mobo can't be that old if it takes ddr3.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1844 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
Windex wrote: Picking one up today.
Hope there is stock at Richmond Hill BB.

Did u by any chance buy two dimms? I mightve talked to :P (Im the Intel retail rep at bb richmond hill)
PSN ID: liquidimpulse
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
How much power do these 4gb ram consume? If often you're using battery power, you may want to install just the right amount of ram to conserve battery.

For myself, I had not seen myself using beyond 4gb, on average 2gb.
Banned
Sep 22, 2011
331 posts
85 upvotes
yvrwindsor wrote: How much power do these 4gb ram consume? If often you're using battery power, you may want to install just the right amount of ram to conserve battery.

For myself, I had not seen myself using beyond 4gb, on average 2gb.

More ram will allow you to process more with the memory your laptop has, rather than relying on virtual memory. Virtual memory results in hard drive use, and is much less power efficient. Note that adding more RAM will consume more energy, so this is most applicable if you do need to run memory intensive programs which actually require heavy usage of virtual memory. The net result can actually be a positive gain on battery life though these situations are relatively rare for the average user. The additional power consumption will be minimal.
Mar 13, 2012
385 posts
221 upvotes
OTTAWA
PurePsychism wrote: You want the most ram possible per slot. 4 GB in one slot > 2 x 2 GB in two slots for upgrade reasons.

actually the 2x2gb is faster because you are taking advantage of multiple memory channels which can be read and written to simultaneously. its the same principle as achieving better HD speeds through raid striping. So for the same capacity, split up the memory over as many dimms as possible for best performance.

therefore, you actually want 2x4gb !!!
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
4GB SODIMM 1333mhz sticks were only $14.99 for a few weeks. idk why the price went back up but $20 is not as good as paying $15 for the same thing :D
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
wilsonlam97 wrote: 4GB SODIMM 1333mhz sticks were only $14.99 for a few weeks. idk why the price went back up but $20 is not as good as paying $15 for the same thing :D

I got Gskill 2 x4gb for less then 30 bucks during boxing week. so this price is not the greatest one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)