Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BestBuy Acer Desktop Intel Quad Q8300 4GB DDR3 $349.95 is BACK again! PICKUP ONLY!

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2010 5:38 pm
Tags:
Aug 22, 2009
5 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond

[Best Buy] BestBuy Acer Desktop Intel Quad Q8300 4GB DDR3 $349.95 is BACK again! PICKUP ONLY!

Looks like Best Buy still has some in stock after all! :cheesygri

YMMV I was just checking the page for this computer and it came up in stock in Richmond BB so I ordered one for pickup right away. Don't let this chance slip again!

Acer Aspire Desktop Computer featuring Intel Core Quad 8300 (AX3810-E3813A)

Processor Type Intel Core Quad 8300
Processor Speed 2.5GHz
RAM 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Speed/Capacity 640 GB SATA 7200 RPM
Optical Drives Super Multi DVD+/-RW; DVD-RAM
Graphics Intel GMA X4500
Pre-loaded Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... &langid=EN

NOTE: Use this http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... atid=20198 as your filler item and apply coupon code PIZZZ020205435275577 to get the discount.
96 replies
Sep 6, 2005
190 posts
26 upvotes
Couldn't get any of the coupons to work, but pulled the trigger anyways. This will be my second attempt (first time the order went through, but was canceled the next morning). Hopefully this time I'll be a little more lucky.
Feb 25, 2006
470 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
wow hotter than than the Acer AM3800-U3802A deal

coupon worked for me, subtotal $331.94. in stock in gvr cambie

eligible for win7 upgrade too i assume?

also its a 500gb hd op
Apr 29, 2006
18 posts
My second time trying as well, pays to stay up a bit later.

A number of GVA stores show they have stock, but if you place the order and check the order status, it will show 'out of stock'.

I couldn't get any coupons to work either, but at $350 is still a pretty good deal in my books.
Oct 3, 2006
42 posts
1 upvote
I guess I'm too late, all stores in gvr are oos again...
Mar 15, 2008
40 posts
1 upvote
When I was still debating, the Coquitlam store had one. Now it's OOS. Seems like Abbotsford still has it -- but way too far to drive.

Slips through the fingers once again.... > :(
Oct 3, 2006
42 posts
1 upvote
That teaches you the famous rfld culture: Buy first, then think. :razz:
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
2337 posts
9 upvotes
wow, ordered instore with 20$ coupon and filler. thanks.

now to decide between this or the acer easystore for 230$ from staples. i have an extra antec sonata case sitting around, so i can fit four drives if i transfer the quad to that case. decisions, decisions, lol.

who knows, maybe i will keep both. :P

thanks OP!

EDIT; damit, missed the 95 cent filler. could have saved a dollar. maybe i'll just try not to buy the bag when i do instore pickup.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
otani wrote: When I was still debating, the Coquitlam store had one. Now it's OOS. Seems like Abbotsford still has it -- but way too far to drive.

Sorry about that... must have been me. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if all these units are phantom? Even if you can "order" it, there's no guarantee until it's "ready for pickup" email is rec'd.

If Richmond (Sat) and Vancouver BB (Thurs) had stock, I couldn't find it on the floor. I checked. The gas to Abbotsford would eat up the $20 coupon savings, but $349 would still make the deal hot.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
kmchow wrote: Not sure if all these units are phantom? Even if you can "order" it, there's no guarantee until it's "ready for pickup" email is rec'd.

If Richmond (Sat) and Vancouver BB (Thurs) had stock, I couldn't find it on the floor. I checked. The gas to Abbotsford would eat up the $20 coupon savings, but $349 would still make the deal hot.
Stock of these are generally in the back so your only real shot at getting the deal is doing an order online then ISPU. I still have some doubts that i'll be able to pick it up tomorrow but its a good deal to replace this media center im using right now. Just got to swap the PSU and video card.
Mar 15, 2008
40 posts
1 upvote
I had a sinking feeling that it may be phantom stock, but still wanted to order one just in case it was there. At least it was a fellow RFDer who got it.

Was at the Richmond BB today, too, and couldn't see any stock of it on the floor.

GVRtrader wrote: Sorry about that... must have been me. :cheesygri
kmchow wrote: Not sure if all these units are phantom? Even if you can "order" it, there's no guarantee until it's "ready for pickup" email is rec'd.

Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
I just tried ordering and was told no stock available for ispu. IIRC, I was told one time that the stock info is 24hrs old. But anyone in GVRD who can still get one, I'm so jealous! So far, I only recall 1 guy managed to get the demo at the Burnaby BB for $310.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
otani wrote: I had a sinking feeling that it may be phantom stock, but still wanted to order one just in case it was there. At least it was a fellow RFDer who got it.

Was at the Richmond BB today, too, and couldn't see any stock of it on the floor.
I was @ Metro today and didn't notice any cheap desktops... actually have been @ metro BB the last 4 nights cause i have been shopping @ metro so i decided to stop by BB too.

I wouldn't be one bit surprise if its phantom stock but i figure there's no harm in trying. Heck maybe i'll get another 5% coupon out of this... i ran out of 5% coupons! :cheesygri
Nov 27, 2003
321 posts
64 upvotes
The coast
otani wrote: When I was still debating, the Coquitlam store had one. Now it's OOS. Seems like Abbotsford still has it -- but way too far to drive.

Sorry otani but it looks like I was the one who beat you to to punch for coquitlam :twisted: . I too was debating and decided to ISPU at New West and it went OOS on me too, lol.

Hopefully, it's not phantom stock and we'll all get our ISPU email tomorrow.
Mar 15, 2008
40 posts
1 upvote
Two RFDers laying claim to having snaked me on the deal. :-0

When it rains, it pours, I guess.

As an aside, I really hate the way FS and BB's site limits the number of stores when checking stock.

GVRtrader wrote: Sorry about that... must have been me. :cheesygri
my2sense wrote: Sorry otani but it looks like I was the one who beat you to to punch for coquitlam :twisted: . I too was debating and decided to ISPU at New West and it went OOS on me too, lol.

Hopefully, it's not phantom stock and we'll all get our ISPU email tomorrow.
Nov 28, 2007
775 posts
185 upvotes
otani wrote: As an aside, I really hate the way FS and BB's site limits the number of stores when checking stock.
Yeah it can't be that hard to fix. BB US site is so awesome compared to ca. It lists all the stores, and tells you whether they have stock or not before you even pick em.
Dec 26, 2007
332 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
Thanks OP.
Ordered and used the promo code. Hope it works. :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)