Hot Deals

[Bestbuy] BlackVue 1-Channel FULL HD 1080P Dashcam with Sony EXMOR CMOS Sensor, Wi-Fi & GPS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 8:14 pm
[OP]
Jul 6, 2005
114 posts
10 upvotes

BlackVue 1-Channel FULL HD 1080P Dashcam with Sony EXMOR CMOS Sensor, Wi-Fi & GPS

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$70.00 off
Expiry:
November 3, 2017
Retailer:
Bestbuy
Protect your vehicle and everything in it with the BlackVue 1-channel dashcam. It features built-in GPS that allows you to capture the unexpected while driving, or when the vehicle is parked and unattended (installation required). It captures Full HD video thanks to the Sony EXMOR CMOS sensor that produces clear, detailed images, day or night.
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7499 posts
1279 upvotes
Anyone thinking of getting blackvue, I vowed to stay far far away from them. The quality is poor at best for the price paid. In 6 months after getting my blackview 400 hdII the lens started fogging. Then 1 year later, battery just died, making it useless if I would be in an accident since the last video would be corrupted (if the power would be lost).
[OP]
Jul 6, 2005
114 posts
10 upvotes
That's odd as it seems to be one of the highest rated dash cams on the market. All of the reviews seem to be great
Nov 19, 2014
10 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I've been using the older version Blackvue for the past 2 years and it has worked really well for me - great video quality, easy software to use, no issue at all. I also got the magic pro to go with it, perhaps that would have solved your battery problem?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5285 posts
1320 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Don't know if I could support another Blackvue product from Pittasoft since they choose to stop technical support for older version dashcams.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Feb 12, 2015
38 posts
25 upvotes
West Vancouver, BC
The DR750S-1CH has been released so no surprise they are trying to clear out the DR650S-1CH
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8263 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 8:03 pm
Anyone thinking of getting blackvue, I vowed to stay far far away from them. The quality is poor at best for the price paid. In 6 months after getting my blackview 400 hdII the lens started fogging. Then 1 year later, battery just died, making it useless if I would be in an accident since the last video would be corrupted (if the power would be lost).
I had the DR3500, thing actually fogged up and then died a short time later right after the warranty ended.

Never again.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1621 posts
816 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I got a DR650 and it's been going strong after 3 years. No issues at all. Most likely will get the 750S for my mom's new car.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Oct 14, 2009
254 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Have one 4 years doing great
------------------------------------------------
Contest Prizes: 2 Person Pass to Movie (JOBS), Method Laundry Products for 1 Year ($250 value), Passes to see WWE RAW in Toronto Star Private Box ($300 Value)
Feb 27, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Also bought a DR3500 last summer, it stopped recording after a week of purchasing it. Worst part is I didn't find out until I needed to pull footage off of it about 3 weeks ago because my mom got into a minor accident, at which point there was no footage recorded after the first week and it's well past the 30-day refund period from bestbuy. Tried contacting blackvue directly and sent them the configuration and log files, their solution was to re-format the SD card, tried 3 different SD cards and the dashcam still doesn't work. Meanwhile the G1W I have in my car the past 3 years, which records great daytime and decent nighttime videos, is still going strong for $50.
Jul 21, 2010
309 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
im using blackvue as well, no issues at all
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2006
2087 posts
217 upvotes
Thornhill
Used one for 4 years as well, the slim profile of it is nice, easily hidden from view. For the price point though I think there are other better valued dashcams you can buy that will get the job done.

My timestamp is never correct for some reason, I've tried different updates and changing the region, etc. I think the only thing I haven't tried was replacing the internal battery.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
1746 posts
507 upvotes
North York
I've had the DR550 Dual channel dashcam for 4 years now. No issues.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18471 posts
3609 upvotes
Thornhill
My Blackvue fogged within 2 years and is useless now. Support was invalidated after a certain retailer started whining and crying to Pittasoft (manufacturer).

Stay away, I'd rather recommend a dash cam reviewed by our RFD dashcam reviewer, BlueLammer (also known as Car Cam Central on YouTube).
May 12, 2006
138 posts
49 upvotes
ON
I find it hard to spend over $100 when my G1Ws were $40 and the video quality is very good in comparison.

Wifi would be handy though.