Expired Hot Deals

[Bestbuy.ca] Boardgames up to 30% off with additional 10% off when 2 or more purchased

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 12:53 pm
[OP]
Jul 4, 2006
114 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver

Boardgames up to 30% off with additional 10% off when 2 or more purchased

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Bestbuy.ca
Got an email from Bestbuy.ca advertising their boardgames for up to 30% off and get an additional 10% when 2 or more purchased online. Some of the prices are average but some games are pretty decent deal when discounts are stacked. Don't have time to make an exhaustive list but notable games that are good deals for myself include:
  • Pandemic Legacy Season 1 (Blue) - $59.99 then extra 10% off (Amazon.ca selling $82)
  • Catan - $39.99 then extra 10% off (Amazon.ca selling $50.88)
  • Dixit - $34.99 then extra 10% off (Amazon.ca selling $42.34)
44 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1554 posts
628 upvotes
Vancouver
Great games but many are sold out like TIME and Pandemic Legacy.
Oct 15, 2012
51 posts
74 upvotes
CALGARY
No Terraforming Mars left in stock either.
Feb 4, 2015
313 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary, AB
There are a couple semi-deals in there, but not great. As noted above, many of the real deals are long sold out.

Amazon is also a terrible comp for board games as they are more expensive.
Cheapest options are (in my opinion):
https://www.greatboardgames.ca
https://store.401games.ca

In most cases this Best Buy deal only makes sense if you want 2-3 games to get the extra 10%. For most people it probably makes more sense to save up for a bulk order at one of the websites I listed to have a full range of games to buy. Black Friday is also around the corner so hoping for some deals as well.
Nov 1, 2009
362 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal-Nord
No Scythe, no Terraforming Mars, no purchase. :(
Oct 14, 2010
48 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks! Picked up Pandemic Legacy (Red) and Small World for the extra 10%. Pandemic Legacy (red) wasn't showing as on sale but when I clicked through to the item it was $59.99 like the Blue version.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2006
114 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
LiquidHog wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 3:11 pm
Thanks! Picked up Pandemic Legacy (Red) and Small World for the extra 10%. Pandemic Legacy (red) wasn't showing as on sale but when I clicked through to the item it was $59.99 like the Blue version.
Good find on the Legacy Red! Showing 8 more left in stock.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
3875 posts
45 upvotes
Verdic wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 12:33 pm
There are a couple semi-deals in there, but not great. As noted above, many of the real deals are long sold out.

Amazon is also a terrible comp for board games as they are more expensive.
Cheapest options are (in my opinion):
https://www.greatboardgames.ca
https://store.401games.ca

In most cases this Best Buy deal only makes sense if you want 2-3 games to get the extra 10%. For most people it probably makes more sense to save up for a bulk order at one of the websites I listed to have a full range of games to buy. Black Friday is also around the corner so hoping for some deals as well.
Meeplemart is a good option too.
Oct 14, 2004
423 posts
26 upvotes
Victoria
It seems there are quite a few games that are on sale when clicking through that aren't listed when filtering on sale.

On a related note, any thoughts on original Pandemic vs Legacy? I've been meaning to get it, mostly to play with the family. I understand Legacy has quite a long campaign experience with some consumable pages etc. Is it worth $20 more than the original? Is it worth it for infrequent play? Any issues remembering state of one play session to the next if months go by between plays?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1515 posts
96 upvotes
yannakm wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 2:12 pm
No Scythe, no Terraforming Mars, no purchase. :(
Exaclty.

What a let down!
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1554 posts
628 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeyCanuck wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 4:12 pm
It seems there are quite a few games that are on sale when clicking through that aren't listed when filtering on sale.

On a related note, any thoughts on original Pandemic vs Legacy? I've been meaning to get it, mostly to play with the family. I understand Legacy has quite a long campaign experience with some consumable pages etc. Is it worth $20 more than the original? Is it worth it for infrequent play? Any issues remembering state of one play session to the next if months go by between plays?
I have been tempted to buy the legacy and I have the Pandemic. The thing is, I am so new to Pandemic and I still need to know the game better before I go out and waste Legacy.

As you know, the Legacy is going to be disposable, and if you play with a group of people and break down the cost, it should be an inexpensive entertainment. There are replay kits that you can Google and print yourself if you really want to replay it (and risk ruining the experience)
Nov 20, 2016
189 posts
191 upvotes
Victoria BC
Shoot, looks like Pandemic Legacy is sold out completely now. :( I would definitely have picked it up at that price!

Thanks for sharing regardless!
Jun 8, 2016
14 posts
7 upvotes
We own and play both. Legacy is ideal if you play somewhat regularly (we play usually every month or two) with the same players. If you have that situation, my opinion is Pandemic Legacy is a much more engaging game. The board (and thus the game and strategy) change after every game.
That said, Pandemic is a very good game in its own right but it's more of a standalone. You're basically comparing Tetris to Super Mario Bros. Do you want a one-off quick game, or a multi-session story game?
Dec 23, 2012
63 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Missed most of the top notch games, but found some good deals nonetheless. Grabbed Small World, a Dixit expansion, and Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu.
Oct 18, 2012
111 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
FYI, any English-only games (i.e., most of them) cannot be delivered to a Quebec address. Don't waste your time.
[If you like what I have to say, please give me a thumbs up.]