Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Bestbuy.ca] Destiny (PS4/PS3/XBox One/Xbox 360) - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2015 9:56 am
Tags:
None
Apr 20, 2015
29 posts
13 upvotes
Granby

[Bestbuy.ca] Destiny (PS4/PS3/XBox One/Xbox 360) - $14.99

I know it was 9,99$ 2 weeks ago and went back up to regular price last week. Now the game is back on sale at 14,99$, might interest some people that didn't play Destiny and want to try it out.

www.bestbuy.ca
32 replies
Apr 24, 2014
261 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kakaboytoy wrote: I know it was 9,99$ 2 weeks ago and went back up to regular price last week. Now the game is back on sale at 14,99$, might interest some people that didn't play Destiny and want to try it out.

www.bestbuy.ca
For anyone on the fence, I haven't sunk hundreds of hours into it or anything.

But I think it is a beautiful well done fun game. The campaign is neat, lots of side quests. If you have friends you will have more fun, but that can be said about almost every game.

Even if you only played through the single player components and stopped at raiding. I think you would have quite an enjoyable experience. I don't think the game deserves the hate it has gotten.
Mar 19, 2009
135 posts
18 upvotes
This game isn't worth $14.99 imo.

I have sunk hundreds of hours into this game. The reason it's not worth it, is because half of the items won't be available to you (expansion exotics etc..)

Basically, you're paying $15 for 1/4 of the game. With the new full game package being released, you'll play with some new people in the first sections of the game that'll last you maybe a week. Then they will all move on to the newer parts of the game, while you're stuck pretty much doing nothing except the first raid over and over again (which you can only really do once a week).

If you play PvP though, $15 might be worth it. You'll only miss out on some new maps.
Mar 26, 2008
491 posts
764 upvotes
Mississauga
I absolutely love Destiny! But the experience is so much better with friends - Raids are amazing - I am mostly a PvE kinda guy and I have to say I am addicted.

Have a bunch of clanmates I roll around with and we have loads of fun. I preordered the legendary version last time and have preordered the collectors edition of the Taken King this time!
XBL & PSN ID: R0CK3T5YNT5T [R zero C K three T five Y N T five T]

Plan: $60 Koodo 10 GB data, Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*, Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16313 posts
7942 upvotes
BMAN24 wrote: This game isn't worth $14.99 imo.

I have sunk hundreds of hours into this game. The reason it's not worth it, is because half of the items won't be available to you (expansion exotics etc..)

Basically, you're paying $15 for 1/4 of the game. With the new full game package being released, you'll play with some new people in the first sections of the game that'll last you maybe a week. Then they will all move on to the newer parts of the game, while you're stuck pretty much doing nothing except the first raid over and over again (which you can only really do once a week).

If you play PvP though, $15 might be worth it. You'll only miss out on some new maps.
Is paying 1/4 of the whole game worth it for 1/4 of the whole game's content?
Sep 4, 2013
214 posts
63 upvotes
Liberty city
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Is paying 1/4 of the whole game worth it for 1/4 of the whole game's content?
Actually, bungie had just announced that nightfall will be a level 40 activity. What does that mean for vanilla destiny? Another end game content is being cut, so essentially it will just be campaign/patrol/strike/raid/pvp. Still lots to do for 14.99 I guess...
Nov 26, 2007
80 posts
148 upvotes
Torono
I got it for 15 bucks at eb games last week and sank just under 10 hours so far. I find most of the people who are saying not worth it are the people who play destiny seriously and see it as less of a game and more as work.

If you're someone who is looking to play this for fun and not as a competitive thing,i think it's worth it. Think of it as a more serious borderlands.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7407 posts
6683 upvotes
Toronto
Depends on the kind of gamer you are. I don't have many gamer friends on PSN and I tend to play 'alone', even if it's COD Multiplayer. This kind of game is TRULY appealing when you have 2 or more friends playing with you, not with strangers. I'll pass but I do have friends who say it's addictive and fun.
Koodo Mobile
Aug 11, 2011
650 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
If you plan on getting the DLC $15 isn't worth it. The Legendary Edition works out to be cheaper.
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
After house of wolves, I moved on from Destiny, but I can't help but feel the Taken King is going to be amazing. The new raid is going to be the biggest one yet, and they have this new twist about it they are only saying "it's not just hard and normal mode". 20 mans? 40 mans? Whatever the case, the taken king looks to have everything that I thought the original game was going to have. If you want to get serious about it I'd wait and buy the legendary edition.
Mar 19, 2009
135 posts
18 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Is paying 1/4 of the whole game worth it for 1/4 of the whole game's content?
No because you will end up having to buy the DLC to continue playing.. if that's the case, you might as well buy the whole game lol.

Like others have said, it's one of those games that are more fun with 2+ friends for raids. Regular strikes is fine because there's matchmaking available.

Otherwise, you'll have to look to destinylfg.net for people to raid with.
Aug 22, 2013
331 posts
99 upvotes
Edmonton
BMAN24 wrote: Otherwise, you'll have to look to destinylfg.net for people to raid with.
nice! exactly what i was looking for. thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4652 posts
1086 upvotes
Toronto

That's why I think it's still worth it for $9.99 / $14.99. Yes you don't get the "full" destiny experience, but it's still dozens and dozens of hours of enjoyment.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC

+1 and even in pvp you will get frustrated because people that paid for updates will have headshot guns and you wont.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
theDuder wrote: After house of wolves, I moved on from Destiny, but I can't help but feel the Taken King is going to be amazing. The new raid is going to be the biggest one yet, and they have this new twist about it they are only saying "it's not just hard and normal mode". 20 mans? 40 mans? Whatever the case, the taken king looks to have everything that I thought the original game was going to have. If you want to get serious about it I'd wait and buy the legendary edition.
the game will be the same but you will pay premium for an update with a few levels...
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Jul 7, 2009
647 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Don't buy this. The demo is currently playing as the full vanilla. Don't know if this is intentional or not.

Edit: Confirmed for PS4 demo playing as full vanilla. Cause could be that if you downloaded the demo before vanilla got pulled from the store and replaced with TTK Legendary Edition, it upgraded your demo.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... mo_on_ps4/
"I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
Mar 3, 2015
22 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Can some one please explain to me in more detail, as someone that was thinking of picking this up, why it's a bad idea?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2619 posts
1110 upvotes
Winnipeg
ispeedca wrote: the game will be the same but you will pay premium for an update with a few levels...
So you're complaining because you can't enjoy the base game because you won't have the better guns from the DLC's. But if you buy the DLC's then you only get a few levels...

So in other words, you hate the game and that's fine. It's your opinion. But many others don't share that opinion and trying to convince others it's "Not worth the money" based on your opinion is pretty annoying.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)