Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

The Hobbit Trilogy Blu-Ray (Steelbook Best Buy exclusive) - $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2015 6:24 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
pierrerion wrote: Question is, buy this or wait for 4K?
They may be extended but is it the R rated cut of five armies or extended 14a. Then will there be a non extended and extended R rated 5 armies? Then will they released a 4k edition of the R rated extended pack after?

Stupid Peter Jackson. I'll just buy it in a decade when most of the editions should be announced by then
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
pierrerion wrote: If you're are true LOTR fan, it can never get too long.
Thats what she said
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Canadianpsycho wrote: Its a SINGLE book stretched into ~8 hours of movie. LOTR EE, sure. Hobbit EE? Not so sure. Already dragged too much IMO.
Reading the whole book was like 10 hours. They made a 8 hours movie. They added (err invented) so much crap in this trilogy.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1222 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
pierrerion wrote: The Hobbit in 4k is no problem. But LOTR was more than 10 years ago, how does that work?
They'll spend the time to upscale it I am sure. When there is money to be made you know a studio will do whatever is necessary to exploit it.

I'll wait for the remakes in 5-10 years, lol.
May 3, 2007
897 posts
484 upvotes
Like many a saucy Shire minx, I prefer my Hobbit extended.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Nice, probably going to wait for the director extended 3D holographic brain wave edition. Or maybe I'll just jump in and the that later.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1073 posts
451 upvotes
pierrerion wrote: The Hobbit in 4k is no problem. But LOTR was more than 10 years ago, how does that work?

All movies are suppose to be shot in 4k
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2507 upvotes
LOTR was shot on Super 35 film so they could do a new scan of it for 4K (and possibly 8K) if they don't have it already. The CGI would have to be redone/rerendered though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)