Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Polk Audio RTi A9 Floor Standing Speaker $399.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2017 12:14 pm
Tags:
None
56 replies
Mar 13, 2003
247 posts
9 upvotes
It is a very good deal almost as good as the $379.00 boxing day deal last year at future shop. They sound amazing but they need a high powered avr or amplifier and they are very deep and heavy but look fantastic in my living room.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3378 posts
303 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Fantastics speakers! It's a great deal.

But be sure to have enough power. My Pioneer Elite 110W was barely ok with them. I added a Rotel 250w and since, they open up and are amazing.
Banned
Nov 24, 2015
33 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
comdot wrote: They sound amazing ....
That's very subjective. Personally, I think they sound bad. Everyone ought to demo speakers for themselves before buying if they care about getting speakers that sound good.
Aug 1, 2005
581 posts
113 upvotes
Anyone figure out a way to get the black colour for this price? Maybe I'll just wait for boxing day, though no more futureshop and dollar sucks these days...

You think my Marantz SR7008 would be able to drive these in a 5.1 setup without an external amp?
(125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven)

Was otherwise looking at the Monitor 75's but these would be a step up.
Also, would these be overkill if you were looking at a separate sub?
Banned
Jun 17, 2009
1765 posts
181 upvotes
onatrio
have denon avr 3000
was thinking this for amp to get (Behringer iNUKE Power Amplifier (NU3000DSP)
with the polk speakers
thought
Dec 4, 2012
149 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
fiendy wrote: Anyone figure out a way to get the black colour for this price? Maybe I'll just wait for boxing day, though no more futureshop and dollar sucks these days...

You think my Marantz SR7008 would be able to drive these in a 5.1 setup without an external amp?
(125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven)

I personally liked the monitor 75t better than these. A sub would be great for HT use.
Banned
Jun 17, 2009
1765 posts
181 upvotes
onatrio
curious for those that have the speakers,,what is your setup
thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3378 posts
303 upvotes
Sherbrooke
About the opinion, like I said these speakers are very power hungry. (Rated at 500W Max) of course if you go at bestbuy and they demo it on a 100W Sony amp, basically anything would sound better.

They are hi-end in the low-end world. If you don't have a huge amp (real 125W should start to be fun) you will have better result with the rti a7 or lower end speakers.

If you have the power, they are amazing for the price and you won't find better under $2k range.
Jul 15, 2012
93 posts
82 upvotes
Edmonton
I have Outlaw Monoblocks powering mine and I think they sound great. Just ensure you have preouts on your AVR.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3129 posts
1289 upvotes
So, these Polks, vs the Klipsch R28F???

I'm very fond of the Klipsch and have been thinking about getting them when they go on their traditional boxing day sale...but wonder if anyone, who's actually heard both, has any input.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/kli ... 0532eden02
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Banned
Nov 16, 2012
1837 posts
390 upvotes
EAST YORK
robskot wrote: So, these Polks, vs the Klipsch R28F???

I'm very fond of the Klipsch and have been thinking about getting them when they go on their traditional boxing day sale...but wonder if anyone, who's actually heard both, has any input.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/kli ... 0532eden02
I like the Polk's and the Klipsch speakers hurt my ears, they sound so harsh. But everybody is different. Audition them and go with whatever you like best regardless of cost.
Jan 26, 2011
315 posts
263 upvotes
Belleville
fiendy wrote: Anyone figure out a way to get the black colour for this price? Maybe I'll just wait for boxing day, though no more futureshop and dollar sucks these days...

I have the older RTI12 powered by that marantz, they sound great. I can push them to about -4db after that it's too damn loud haha. Bass is tight and full. But I am running them as large on the amp as I find they sound much better. I've tried the 40-80hz crossover and they just lack something more then just the low end. So I keep them on large. If u want more bass just enable the life+mains option in the sub menu

They also sound unreal when amped. I had an emotive xpa5 that made them sing but I have downsized a bit to just the marantz for the time being.
Mar 13, 2003
247 posts
9 upvotes
pmorey wrote: I have Outlaw Monoblocks powering mine and I think they sound great. Just ensure you have preouts on your AVR.
They must have really opened up with those outlaws I bet they sound amazing. How much power are they putting out?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
I have RTI12's. They're great speakers. Nice full low end sound and they fill my theater well (19x16').
Jul 15, 2010
72 posts
31 upvotes
I've got these. Sad I bought them for $500 each.
Great sound though. Running 200w each. 100 watts is just not enough...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2506 upvotes
fiendy wrote: You think my Marantz SR7008 would be able to drive these in a 5.1 setup without an external amp?
What volume do you normally listen at?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
I'm amazed that they have the Cherry ones at this price (I borderline hate black oak colour that almost every speaker comes in). Good deal if you like Polk.

In terms of AQ, I'm not a fan of the Polk tweeter. If you're not too critical (or its your taste), then you likely won't mind, but I definitely found the tweeter to have a very "metallic" sound to it. Most present with music (movies you likely won't notice). At the end of the day though, hear them out and see what you think for yourself.
Aug 1, 2005
581 posts
113 upvotes
SLee wrote: What volume do you normally listen at?
On my main level, so probably between -20db and -10db. Not overly loud unless I am working in the basement and have the house to myself.