Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Bestbuy.ca: Precision Acoustics Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) $69.99 Reg:$179

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2012 4:54 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 14, 2011
271 posts
139 upvotes
NORTH YORK

[Best Buy] Bestbuy.ca: Precision Acoustics Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) $69.99 Reg:$179

Hey noticed these while browsing:

Precision Acoustics Bookshelf Speakers (CLASSIC4B) - Black - Pair
Precision Acoustics Classic 4B bookshelf speakers are ideal on their own or as an addition to your home theatre setup. They can handle up to 100 watts of power.

Look on Cnet but couldn't find a review, feedback appreciated.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pre ... 46e0dcen02
13 replies
Jul 17, 2012
1 posts
HALIFAX
The Precision Acoustics product line is actually quite good for the price. I bought the two tower speakers, center speaker and two bookshelf speakers at BB on boxing day for $299, quite a steal of a deal. I went from a Bose 3-2-1 system to this and it's quite impressive. I remember reading back then (correct me when wrong) that they are made by Harman.
Jul 28, 2010
842 posts
535 upvotes
TheDrake1001 wrote: I remember reading back then (correct me when wrong) that they are made by Harman.
Harmon owns JBL and Infinity. Regardless, fantastic deal you got for $300. This should work out close once the center goes on sale. If I hadn't already started my HT, I would seriously consider this.
Sep 23, 2006
845 posts
160 upvotes
Ugh the matching centre channel speaker is so expensive :(

Gonna buy the rest and wait for the centre to go on sale...
Feb 1, 2008
427 posts
34 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks - work well for my rear speakers

For the price they are excellent
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
I have three pair, and for their quality, it makes $300 a pair bookshelf / surround speakers seem quite overpriced.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Sep 23, 2006
845 posts
160 upvotes
I bought the bookshelf and tower pairs, as well as a sub, and they shipped in 4 separate orders for some reason.

One of the bookshelfs came today, and the rest were changed to "missed cutoff time - delivery on Monday, July 23" aka "Driver screwed up and didn't notice rest of boxes, and now is too far away to come back!" :lol:
Nov 11, 2007
17 posts
London
Does anybody know if the tower pairs will work with the Logitec Z-5500 if I swap out the front speakers? My Z-5500 has the speaker wire connection clips and not the RCA connections.
Feb 1, 2008
427 posts
34 upvotes
Calgary
Thought that I would add to my initial impression of these speakers

Not bad quality, good range, okay bass, nothing to complain about when comparing to my Polk or Klipsch bookshelf speakers. Definately not the best out there, wouldn't use them as my main speakers but for sides or rears in a home theater setup - very good.

Binding posts are cheap, not banana plug style, but again at $70 how can one expect them to put on $10 banana plug binding posts.

Definately not worth the original price but for $70 you can't get or expect much better (new)
Mar 15, 2010
7 posts
TheDrake1001 wrote: The Precision Acoustics product line is actually quite good for the price. I bought the two tower speakers, center speaker and two bookshelf speakers at BB on boxing day for $299, quite a steal of a deal. I went from a Bose 3-2-1 system to this and it's quite impressive. I remember reading back then (correct me when wrong) that they are made by Harman.
Precision Acoustics are not made by Harman

Harman owns Infinity and JBL http://www.harman.com/EN-US/Pages/Home.aspx :)