Price:
Savings:
39% off
Expiry:
July 25, 2017
Retailer:
Bestbuy.ca
Hey RFD,

Bestbuy has the proform HIIT Trainer PRO Elliptical on sale for $1599+$50 shipping plus taxes ~$1864 all in.

reg $2700
happy shopping everyone.

Update: july 25 2017 - thanks to pimom and kid_icarus for the price update.

Last edited by Sonbuster on Jul 4th, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Jun 15, 2004
829 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
not bad. cheapest i've seen this was 1799.99 and that didn't include shipping. so for $1680 with shipping this monstrosity to your door i'd say this is as good as it gets! i mean until they come out with a higher model that pushes the price of this one down, but all depends how soon one needs to shed the calories.

do you mind letting me know how the delivery was? did they bring it all the way into your house for you into whichever room? were they good/careful with handling the machine?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1611 posts
100 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 1:39 pm
not bad. cheapest i've seen this was 1799.99 and that didn't include shipping. so for $1680 with shipping this monstrosity to your door i'd say this is as good as it gets! i mean until they come out with a higher model that pushes the price of this one down, but all depends how soon one needs to shed the calories.

do you mind letting me know how the delivery was? did they bring it all the way into your house for you into whichever room? were they good/careful with handling the machine?
delivery was easy. i can't comment if they'll move it to a specific room, but i plan on having it in the living room, which was where they dropped it off. they do bring it inside, whereas some other vendors might just drop it off at the curb. i would say they were careful with the machine.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1597 posts
237 upvotes
I am debating between this and the regular elliptical like Sole E95. Anyone has some feedback?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1611 posts
100 upvotes
simplylgg wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 11:41 pm
I am debating between this and the regular elliptical like Sole E95. Anyone has some feedback?
this is more of a steptical, a combo of stepper and elliptical. small footprint, good tech. quiet. i was on it for 1 hour yesterday and it was a great workout.
Aug 9, 2008
247 posts
16 upvotes
is there a store where my wife and I could try this first? don't want to buy only to realize that we do not like it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1611 posts
100 upvotes
corvax wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 2:52 pm
is there a store where my wife and I could try this first? don't want to buy only to realize that we do not like it
you can try treadmillfactory or fitnessdepot they might have it on display. call to confirm before you go though
Jan 15, 2006
518 posts
32 upvotes
How is this compared with bowflex max trainer M3 or M5
Nov 30, 2005
678 posts
84 upvotes
Leduc
I had a similar preform elliptical and used it 6 days a week and about 4 months in it started dripping grease dust. by about 7 months the grease became a real problem and the frame cracked along a weld. proform honored the warranty but they will not do repairs. you'll need to take it back to the store to do an exchange or refund. something to keep in mind since these machines are large and heavy. the warranty on this model is also shorter than what they've offered in the past.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1611 posts
100 upvotes
microwave wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 1:30 am
I had a similar preform elliptical and used it 6 days a week and about 4 months in it started dripping grease dust. by about 7 months the grease became a real problem and the frame cracked along a weld. proform honored the warranty but they will not do repairs. you'll need to take it back to the store to do an exchange or refund. something to keep in mind since these machines are large and heavy. the warranty on this model is also shorter than what they've offered in the past.
hi, was it the pro model or the non-pro? thanks for the heads up i'll keep an eye out for any issues.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1611 posts
100 upvotes
murjaan wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 11:59 pm
sorry i've not used neither from bowflex so i can't comment on the differences.
Jun 15, 2004
829 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
murjaan wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 11:59 pm
there are lots of online reviews comparing the two. you're probably going to get better information researching through google and the videos than asking the small sample size here. i considered the max trainer personally cuz of the "snazzy" commercials, but found it was overpriced in comparison to what you can get from the proform hiit including better features and displays and workout programs
Nov 30, 2005
678 posts
84 upvotes
Leduc
Sonbuster wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 9:15 am
hi, was it the pro model or the non-pro? thanks for the heads up i'll keep an eye out for any issues.
I don't quite recall, it's been about almost a year since it took it back for a refund as there wasn't an equivalent unit in stock to exchange it for.
it had a year warranty on parts/labour and a lifetime warranty on the frame. sad to see they've lowered it to 90 days.
just check under the machine now and then to make sure its clean. the grease looks like black sand until you touch it. it comes from the bearings area.
oh and if you work up a sweat wipe down the machine anywhere there's a drop, and dry it right after as the metal they use rusts.
Jun 15, 2004
829 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
microwave wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 6:56 pm
I don't quite recall, it's been about almost a year since it took it back for a refund as there wasn't an equivalent unit in stock to exchange it for.
it had a year warranty on parts/labour and a lifetime warranty on the frame. sad to see they've lowered it to 90 days.
just check under the machine now and then to make sure its clean. the grease looks like black sand until you touch it. it comes from the bearings area.
oh and if you work up a sweat wipe down the machine anywhere there's a drop, and dry it right after as the metal they use rusts.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Will definitely keep in mind to do wipe downs.
Regarding the warranty I'm confused... Below is the warranty information I read about before buying

Warranty
The ProForm® HIIT Trainer Pro is protected with a Lifetime Frame Warranty, 5-Year Parts Warranty, and 2-Year Labor Warranty. Please note: Lifetime Warranty pertains to the lifetime of the original purchaser.
Nov 30, 2005
678 posts
84 upvotes
Leduc
kid_icarus wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 8:13 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience. Will definitely keep in mind to do wipe downs.
Regarding the warranty I'm confused... Below is the warranty information I read about before buying

Warranty
The ProForm® HIIT Trainer Pro is protected with a Lifetime Frame Warranty, 5-Year Parts Warranty, and 2-Year Labor Warranty. Please note: Lifetime Warranty pertains to the lifetime of the original purchaser.
oh I was going by what best buy has listed for the warranty.