Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[bestbuy.com USA only] Various Student Coupons ; no .edu email required.

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2016 7:53 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes

[bestbuy.com USA only] Various Student Coupons ; no .edu email required.

Deal Link:
Got this from SD, slipped my radar as it was never a front page deal.

Just use your regular .com email address,no need to be a student

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global/coll ... 6200050000

Expiration date for these student coupons is 05/11/2016

Students save an additional 10% on select
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book

Students save an additional 15% off

Students Save an Additional $30 on Select
Lenovo Laptops Starting at $169.99

Students Save an Additional $50 on All
Apple MacBooks and iMacs

Students Save an additional $50 on Select
Samsung Laptops

Students save an additional 10% off all
Home Theater Antennas

Students Save $10 on
Office 365 University
4 year subscription SKU: 7016181

Students save an additional $10 on the
Insignia 2.0-Ch Stereo Receiver
SKU: 4156007

Receive an additional 25% bonus on top of your trade-in value when you trade in any
iPad or Macbook[
13 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
I did get my coupons within five minutes of putting my already existing bestbuy.com information.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1763 posts
4499 upvotes
Pawtucket
I remember this deal. Hoping for some prepaid phone coupons down the road. Lol.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
^ I think the movers coupon is gone. Read on SD that there aren't even listings for those on ebay anymore.

Can't wait to do the Shield TV trick next Saturday, and get both the extra controller and remote included. lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1237 posts
1441 upvotes
TORONTO
alanbrenton wrote: ^ I think the movers coupon is gone. Read on SD that there aren't even listings for those on ebay anymore.
Ah, yes... the good ol' days when currency was near par... when I could holiday in a tax free state, and stack a Macbook Air sale price $799 / $849 + stack US address movers coupon + stack American .edu student coupon at the cashier for a ~$650 latest model, BNIB Macbook Air every year. ;)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
We're now at 1.25/26 that it makes it much cheaper to buy in the US again, especially over at newegg or Fry's or even ebay where there are no sales tax to NY.

I have nothing really on my wish list for now but interested in the AMD Zen (will read more into this) and awaiting Kaby Lake.

Whoops, I want a Nvidia Shield TV. :)
Jul 12, 2006
438 posts
35 upvotes
How does one get these discounts without

1. Being a fulltime student
AND
2. Having an edu address?

Would love to get the coupons to edu addresses!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
Ferris Bueller wrote: How does one get these discounts without

AND

Just try signing up and you will be able to answer your questions. My best buy gmail address and a random school worked.
Jul 12, 2006
438 posts
35 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Just try signing up and you will be able to answer your questions. My best buy gmail address and a random school worked.
I should have specified I was asking about @PitchyDawg 's stackfest. I know generally the edu gets mondo coupons and stuff.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2232 posts
724 upvotes
Toronto
are they able to ship to canada? what are my options?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1237 posts
1441 upvotes
TORONTO
Ferris Bueller wrote: I should have specified I was asking about @PitchyDawg 's stackfest. I know generally the edu gets mondo coupons and stuff.
Okay, I didn't mean to confuse. Let me explain...

To stay On Topic:

alanbrenton's coupons are the same coupons that used to be sent to .edu emails in the United States. Now, according to him, they can be sent to normal email addresses as well. The $50 coupon should work online and on top of Macbook sales.

The coupons are exactly the same and the .edu folks don't get more stuff right now.

If you only use the student coupons, you can buy online with a US billing address and send orders to border pick up or package redirection services.

alanbrenton's coupons are still good if you can time them with a Best Buy sale and send the purchases to a US address.

And, as he has pointed out, the ForEx rate has improved - plus as a general note, you can evade state taxes using some other online vendors.

Now, Off Topic:

There used to be a coupon courtesy of USPS that could be picked up from a B&M post office, or from a change of address website (linked to US credit card) or from eBay. This gave you 10% off any item at Best Buy. It could also be used on top of sales, but it only worked in person at a store.

So people would bum rush the cashiers with Macbooks and try to use the movers coupon and student coupon at the same time, one after another. It was YMMV, but because the system would process both at once, most cashiers didn't care - and if you had to make a mini scene, some managers would have no choice but to approve the transaction.

Of course, circa 2014 currency was near par + Macbooks on deep discount (Open box returns even cheaper ) + I was in a state with no sales tax + cashback credit card with US based address + group tax exemption at the border for staying in the US for over 48 hours = The Perfect Storm.

Fun times. Macbook Airs for everyone!

I would never post about these kinds of deals, because the preparation, tight timing and effort required makes them not practical to 99% of Canadians.

I'm so glad I bought most of the electronics I needed back in 2013 - 2014 through cross-border shopping. Because ForEx was close to 1.40 at one point, I even sold some of the stuff *USED* or still sealed in the past 9 months and got back more CDN money than what I paid for the new items a few years ago. It's so messed up LOL

For me, tax is a secondary issue (unless it's applied to a big ticket purchase like a Macbook, or TV), behind the ForEx rate and hyper competitive US market. I've found so many unbelievable steals through venues like eBay.COM (usually no tax) + Amazon.COM lightning and Warehouse Deals (plus tax but still awesome) through the years.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1237 posts
1441 upvotes
TORONTO
Ferris Bueller wrote: How does one get these discounts without

AND

Allegedly, you can have a permanent .edu email address created for a nominal fee... via services like "fiverr".

My "friend" made one and it works for things like Amazon Prime US student discount too. Allegedly.
Jul 12, 2006
438 posts
35 upvotes
@PitchDawg Thank you for educating me. Sensei PD, I want to sit at your feet and gain more knowledge! Please take me on your journeys.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)