Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Denon AH-D600 Headphones price slashed - $219 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2015 5:41 am
Tags:
None
Dec 13, 2013
213 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto

Denon AH-D600 Headphones price slashed - $219 (YMMV)

Price:
$219.00
Purchased these Headphones after a little debate whether actually needed, believe these are being phased out, few left at Downsview Bestbuy Store... Actually couldn't even find the product code on the bestbuy website when deciding whether to purchase them.... Good hunting.. Was over $400 few yrs ago, now under $220 is a prudent buy IF needed...

Also saw the Bose Soundlink 39 II, $200 off... Good sale there, as well.
8 replies
Apr 16, 2017
228 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
How is the sound? Other than their older 2000 and 5000 models, I havent tried any. Those were great cans. I havent heard much about this.
Aug 25, 2007
550 posts
24 upvotes
At this price they are unbeatable.. Very comfortable headphones with great soundstage for a closed back personally I find it better than the d2000 in most modern genres of music (excellent bass)
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1247 posts
429 upvotes
When I sold them a few years ago, I remember amazon having them at like 199 or maybe even lower. They are garbage in my opinion compared to the older 2000's and 5000's, however they seem to get great ratings online. Personally, I did not like them at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1347 posts
143 upvotes
Yup, compared to their former Fostex-made models D1001,D2000~7000 the new series play more to the Beats crowd and is not as good, at least from audiophile perspective. May be good for average listeners who want more bass in their music though.
Dec 3, 2013
125 posts
45 upvotes
Richmond
Bought these when they were on sale for like $180 couple months ago at Futureshop. They were not good at all. Very bassy and the headband is too stiff and too big for me (I wear 7 3/4 Caps). Also some sounds can sound very weird since the speaker is positioned pretty far away from your ears. So make sure you try them on before buying it or opening it.
Aug 25, 2007
550 posts
24 upvotes
everyone has different opinions on how headphones sound. some love it some dont. depends on what type of music you listen to. If you listen to EDM, Hip-hop dubstep, these are unbeatable in this price range. These even compete well against higher end headphones. I tried the Sony MDR-Z7 and i thinking the Z7 may be only slightly better, but way more expensive.
Apr 16, 2017
228 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Rags_Electronic wrote: At this price they are unbeatable.. Very comfortable headphones with great soundstage for a closed back personally I find it better than the d2000 in most modern genres of music (excellent bass)
I hear both sides. Most say that it is not in the same league as the older gens when it comes to technical performance.

EM_K19 wrote: Yup, compared to their former Fostex-made models D1001,D2000~7000 the new series play more to the Beats crowd and is not as good, at least from audiophile perspective. May be good for average listeners who want more bass in their music though.
Thats what I hear as well. But those were some glorious headphones though.
Dec 13, 2013
213 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed with most comments except the garbage comment... Started using them... The bass is hard to overlook or notice but using the Denon Audio app customizing is a breeze allowing for comfortable listening depending circumstances... Yeah I do remember the Boxing Day prices under $200 - but these are soon to be retired.... Mr

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)