Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] BestBuy: Get $5 off pre-orders + 800 RZ points (worth $10)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2011 7:28 am
Jan 21, 2010
389 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Great Deal for those who want these games @ launch. ie: for me there's B3, Metal Gear Rising, Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3 etc. I'm surprised that some of these games are on the list. I guess I can cancel if I get buyers remorse.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8004 posts
1581 upvotes
Mississauga
eforblue wrote:
May 23rd, 2011 10:54 pm
does inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition comes with 800 RZ points? Or the normal edition only

Stop being lazy and go to the site to find out for yourself!
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
3706 posts
210 upvotes
I think it's one or the other and not both. The page says the $5 discount and the 800 RZ points offer cannot be applied to the same game unless I am reading it wrong.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13063 posts
3681 upvotes
Toronto
It's a decent deal, in theory. The reality is though that Best Buy Reward Zone almost ALWAYS 'forgets' to credit your account the points. So you have to call in constantly, but you can't call before around 30 days, and if you call too late, they deny you the points.

Why isn't there an automatic system to give you the points? Because they really don't want to give you the points and would rather you forget about it.

So the reality is that most people are gonna end up paying $55 for the games unless they are very diligent because Reward Zone is a scam.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2035 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think I've ever had an issue with RewardZone points not going on my account and you can do it online if it doesn't work.
Why do you have to call in?
Aug 21, 2006
142 posts
7 upvotes
Yeah, it's a real pain. I've quite literally never gotten my reward zone points without contacting them after a month to *****. I always just fill out the contact form on the reward zone site though, rather than call. Saves time and they've always still credited the points.

But yeah, it's a scam. There's no reason why it can't be automated without constantly 'forgetting' to apply points.
Feb 18, 2010
690 posts
60 upvotes
Kyle071785 wrote:
May 23rd, 2011 3:36 pm
:facepalm: you can't price match Best Buy's own ONLINE ONLY limited time sale with Best Buy themselves

Um, do you realize that I was talking about those people waiting for the 10% off sale right? Let me elaborate my post.....

I'm buying Diablo 3 nowyesterday and when the game comes out and it's cheaper (at Best Buy or elsewhere) within 30 days, I'll get a price match.

Is that clear enough? :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8004 posts
1581 upvotes
Mississauga
Kurtz7834 wrote:
May 24th, 2011 8:05 am
It's a decent deal, in theory. The reality is though that Best Buy Reward Zone almost ALWAYS 'forgets' to credit your account the points. So you have to call in constantly, but you can't call before around 30 days, and if you call too late, they deny you the points.

Why isn't there an automatic system to give you the points? Because they really don't want to give you the points and would rather you forget about it.

So the reality is that most people are gonna end up paying $55 for the games unless they are very diligent because Reward Zone is a scam.

Very true, this has been my experience on nearly all purchases and promos, even the online ones where I applied a CODE to get points. They claim it is a system glitch every time. Bunch of crooks if you ask me.
Apr 30, 2009
619 posts
85 upvotes
London
I wanted to order the new Alice game but if by the time it is released (which is within 3 weeks) my RZ points wouldn't have "counted" so I'll end up paying $55 and having to use the 800 RZ points on another game? Cause the RZ points only count 36 days after purchase?