Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Jawbone UP3 Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor -$99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2016 12:27 am
Tags:
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2534 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Androidmarshmellow wrote: [Bestbuy] Jawbone UP3 Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor -$99.99
This seems like a good price right now.

During amazon prime day, the grey was 86 and black was 53.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1678 posts
1736 upvotes
Montreal
keyser-soze wrote: This seems like a good price right now.

During amazon prime day, the grey was 86 and black was 53.
53 is almost half price of 99... How is it a good price?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2534 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
sneakerfan wrote: 53 is almost half price of 99... How is it a good price?
Cause that was a prime deal and I'm all out of time machines.
Feb 22, 2017
429 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
I got this for prime day. For that price ($53) I'm 'not disappointed' but felt more like I got what I paid for. Any more and I'd be mad.

It has no display. I have a Nexus 5 and it syncs poorly - you can't set reminders because it constantly says 'no device detected, restart the app', well you restart the app, it finds the device for a second and then its gone. It will sync your actual data eventually but the connection is flaky. As someone who has written Bluetooth based software before, there is no way this is a defect in anything other than the product itself (i.e. it's not just a faulty unit).

The clasp mechanism is awful and it very easily falls off when you don't expect it. You can look on Reddit for some tips on bending the metal and trying to get it to stay better, but if trial and error is not your thing be prepared to be frustrated. The app ONLY works on mobile devices (they have a Windows app but it does not support THEIR device!). The app also requires a data connection, which means that if Jawbone shuts down their servers (and I read that they might liquidate their wearable department), this will stop working.

Edit:

Also I was on a 2 hr bike ride and it detected nothing. The step counting and sleep tracking seems okay.
Jul 11, 2008
173 posts
55 upvotes
St. John's
leakeyweb wrote: shows 199 for me
Same for me. Must have been a one day sale.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2534 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
daveinsurgent wrote: I got this for prime day. For that price ($53) I'm 'not disappointed' but felt more like I got what I paid for. Any more and I'd be mad.

It has no display. I have a Nexus 5 and it syncs poorly - you can't set reminders because it constantly says 'no device detected, restart the app', well you restart the app, it finds the device for a second and then its gone. It will sync your actual data eventually but the connection is flaky. As someone who has written Bluetooth based software before, there is no way this is a defect in anything other than the product itself (i.e. it's not just a faulty unit).

The clasp mechanism is awful and it very easily falls off when you don't expect it. You can look on Reddit for some tips on bending the metal and trying to get it to stay better, but if trial and error is not your thing be prepared to be frustrated. The app ONLY works on mobile devices (they have a Windows app but it does not support THEIR device!). The app also requires a data connection, which means that if Jawbone shuts down their servers (and I read that they might liquidate their wearable department), this will stop working.

Edit:

Also I was on a 2 hr bike ride and it detected nothing. The step counting and sleep tracking seems okay.
Weird my wife and I have been loving ours, no connection issues at with Samsung S6 phones that we have. Tracking has been consistently good. Additionally we both use the alarms and the alerts daily.

I will def agree about the clasp, not great but not a deal breaker for us... yet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)