Expired Hot Deals

[Bestbuy] Napolean Prestige Gas BBQ

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 9:15 pm
Nov 17, 2013
421 posts
46 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I'm a bbq newb. I've never heard of "seasoning" the grills. You coat them with oil before 1st use? Do you not clean/scrape them after every use?

Psyclist wrote:
May 12th, 2017 2:26 pm
yes, season them. i just painted them with vegetable oil (while cold) a couple times top and bottom and things are good now. redo as needed, will build up a coating eventually.
Jan 20, 2012
455 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
bobbyheenan wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:22 am
Thanks OP. I went for it too.

Having never owned a grill before, I'm a little worried that it'll be too small. I'll have to check it out in person this weekend. Can anyone provide any insight either way?
i have the 500 series and I only use half the grill most of the time for 2 to 3 people.
May 4, 2011
15 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Family of four, will this be large enough?

Is this a great deal or am I better off waiting until the end of the year? My barbecue is garbage but I can live without one for now.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
1716 posts
548 upvotes
vrredflag wrote:
May 12th, 2017 2:50 pm
I'm a bbq newb. I've never heard of "seasoning" the grills. You coat them with oil before 1st use? Do you not clean/scrape them after every use?
Yes, coat them before first use, then install and heat the grill with no food for a half hour at med heat, this will turn the oil brown and sticky, effectively sealing the grill and over time this builds a great non stick coating. Needs to be redone as needed, just keep an eye on dryness of the grill surface (happens in hotter areas). lots of tutorials online as well!
bholmes2000 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 3:05 pm
Family of four, will this be large enough?
Is this a great deal or am I better off waiting until the end of the year? My barbecue is garbage but I can live without one for now.
I would say large enough, but that would be close to its limit, 4 large steaks no problem, or 6 medium ones. id say 12 burgers with enough space to get between them all and flip effectively. Really I like the size, heats quick, but some folks want the big BBQ, I downsized and am totally happy with it. Again rotisserie is awesome!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1304 posts
223 upvotes
Montreal
Does anyone know where I can see this BBQ in person?
Would really like to check it out before making the purchase...
Banned
Apr 25, 2017
72 posts
9 upvotes
taipan wrote:
May 12th, 2017 10:13 am
Excellent bbq, I posted about the Amazon sale when it went down to 599.

Perfect for my condo balcony and comes with a well made rotisserie kit.

These retail for $1100 at bbq stores and only go on sale online once or twice a year.
I was just thinking that. I need something small enough to fit on my balcony but I don't want to sacrifice on quality.
Apr 15, 2006
643 posts
137 upvotes
bobbyheenan wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:22 am
Thanks OP. I went for it too.

Having never owned a grill before, I'm a little worried that it'll be too small. I'll have to check it out in person this weekend. Can anyone provide any insight either way?
Do you have an apartment? Because this is the perfect size for that.
Feb 23, 2014
319 posts
55 upvotes
I'm in an apartment, and don't drive. Would love a grill out on my balcony. I just can't imagine lugging around one of those giant tanks on the bus / skytrain to go to the gas station or wherever the hell they need to go to be filled.

I know there are smaller grills that use much smaller tanks, but I don't know if those are economical to use for a regular at home grill as opposed to a camping one. (ie. the Napoleon "Travel-Q" at $279 or $219)
Jan 15, 2017
50 posts
38 upvotes
I was excited until I saw the size of the grill. I have a baron 440 which is about 50% larger than this and can easily fill it with a family of 4 (two of which are 6 and 4) if we use it to cook vegetables or corn along with meat the entire grill is full.
Feb 28, 2004
158 posts
17 upvotes
Welland
Got mine delivered yesterday and putting it together is my project this morning. It's just my wife and myself so it's the perfect size and it's time to retire the 17 year old Weber. Bought the stainless steel upgrade kit for the grids to get rid of the porcelain coated cast iron and I'm looking forward to many years of grilling.
Had to go to the states for a decent cover though. For some reason the covers here in Canada are a ridiculous price, the vented ones anyway.
Nov 13, 2013
325 posts
108 upvotes
Quebec
Inclemental wrote:
May 12th, 2017 3:00 pm
i have the 500 series and I only use half the grill most of the time for 2 to 3 people.
Seriously? I have the P500RSIB and I'm limit for 2 people, but the difference must be in the cooking method. Usually I try to cook indirect heat, with the P500RSIB you have 4 burners which is great because I start left / right side burner, and cook in the middle. And most of the time I put vegetables or any other sides on the direct heat.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7933 posts
1216 upvotes
Great deal on this BBQ - I would have jumped on it if it were just a snick bigger. My current Napoleon is about 550 sq in, I could go a little smaller but given I now have teens in my house the quantity of food going on the gill is jumping quickly.

Anyone thinking of it >> buy. Napoleon grills are excellent. Mine is 9.5 years old and still have the original burner! QUALITY!
Nov 26, 2003
225 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
newlyborn wrote:
May 12th, 2017 9:57 am
Was keeping an eye on this BBQ since last sale on Amazon but missed it last time due to additional 50$ delivery charge only to realize that it was a very descent deal regardless.
Saw this BBQ physically and remorse increased. Prestige series are built strong not to mention good customer service.

Hope will be able to see the difference between President Choice BBQ that I have been using happily for over 8 years without issues.

Atlast it was high time to install the Natural Gas BBQ in my Own home.
What is the main difference between the Triumph I see on the BB website also? I see Triumph seems to have more BTU but Prestige costs more?

I also have a cheapo that I've been using for 7 years now and still works great, but like the idea of upgrading! I can't seem to justify the cost though I know it will be a great product, just my old one is still working fine ><
Dec 9, 2001
256 posts
21 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
vrredflag wrote:
May 12th, 2017 2:50 pm
Cast iron has micro-pores that will get saturated with oil. That oil will dry & tar over time. This layer eventually makes the grills non-stick. This does not scrape off easily, but does burn at high temperatures. The oil will also keep the grills from rusting over time.

I would coat new grills with oil, heat up to medium, let cool to warm and coat again. If you want, repeat this process a couple of times before first use, and keep repeating the coat before and after every use.