Hot Deals

[Bestbuy] Napolean Prestige Gas BBQ

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2017 2:47 pm
Nov 17, 2002
225 posts
13 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Thank you for sharing this - looking forward to receiving it.

Any idea where to find the cover for cheaper than what Bestbuy has it for (about 100 bux after shipping).
Jan 23, 2006
156 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
hiredmuscle wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:35 pm
Thank you for sharing this - looking forward to receiving it.

Any idea where to find the cover for cheaper than what Bestbuy has it for (about 100 bux after shipping).
As the weather is getting nicer (although it's always nice in Victoria!) Costco started stocking grill covers again, if you don't mind it not having the Napoleon brand. I've heard (don't remember where) that the Napoleon grill covers aren't that great, anyway.

Homesense also sometimes stocks napoleon overstock products, not sure if the ones near you will have the covers.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
1689 posts
541 upvotes
CalgaryRunner wrote:
May 18th, 2017 11:51 am
I couldn't resist any longer and bought one. There are now 6 remaining in Alberta.

I'm interested in upgrading to the stainless steel grills. Where can I buy them?
I would just run the cast iron ones, once seasoned the work amazing and have better heat retention, also can be flipped to provide more of less surface area. So Triangular in side profile. one side good for steak, one side good for chicken sorta thing. Just need to keep them seasoned and they out perform the stainless grills! But to each their own of course!
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1684 posts
375 upvotes
Psyclist wrote:
May 18th, 2017 2:48 pm
I would just run the cast iron ones, once seasoned the work amazing and have better heat retention, also can be flipped to provide more of less surface area. So Triangular in side profile. one side good for steak, one side good for chicken sorta thing. Just need to keep them seasoned and they out perform the stainless grills! But to each their own of course!
Yeah, you're right. I should spend some time using the included grates before deciding whether to go with the stainless steel ones. No reason to spend more money if I don't have to.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Apr 15, 2006
638 posts
136 upvotes
kelvie wrote:
May 18th, 2017 2:14 pm
As the weather is getting nicer (although it's always nice in Victoria!) Costco started stocking grill covers again, if you don't mind it not having the Napoleon brand. I've heard (don't remember where) that the Napoleon grill covers aren't that great, anyway.

Homesense also sometimes stocks napoleon overstock products, not sure if the ones near you will have the covers.
It's $20 @costco in stores. Very durable, almost gripping like rubber plastic. I think it'll last a long time. Definitely rain proof as I've used it over the rainy weekend.
Jul 5, 2011
29 posts
4 upvotes
CDRoot wrote:
May 18th, 2017 5:03 pm
It's $20 @costco in stores. Very durable, almost gripping like rubber plastic. I think it'll last a long time. Definitely rain proof as I've used it over the rainy weekend.
+1 Costco cover for 20$ is amazing quality for the price
Feb 18, 2010
599 posts
118 upvotes
Greely
I see that there were 6 models with the rotisserie left in Ontario. Now its 5. Thanks OP!
Feb 28, 2004
158 posts
17 upvotes
Welland
If anyone is looking for a new set of porcelain coated grills for the P308 I have a new set here still in the package. $50 they are yours.
Mar 1, 2006
996 posts
180 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone with the 308 find the whole centre (where there are no burners, just the extra holes in flavorizer bars) is a whole lot colder than the rest? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but on low & high, the areas under the burner are much/much hotter. I'm used to hot spots, but this one seems quite huge.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3403 posts
545 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:25 am
Any way to avoid delivery charge?
Not 100%, but if you're willing to pick up from their depot it might save you the delivery charge. That is, if the depot is close to you.

So I bought this bbq last sale and I still haven't assembled it. Learned yesterday that I can't get a gas line installed at my place, so now to convert to propane. Has anybody bought the modification kit from Napoleon? Additionally, if anybody is using propane, are you adding lavarocks or anything like that, or just keeping the flame as is?
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 80 - 0 - 0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1359 posts
242 upvotes
Good news for the people who missed the boat. 3 more BBq's have been added to the stock and are avlbl to buy at discounted price.
A fine is a tax for doing wrong .
A tax is a fine for doing right .
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
1689 posts
541 upvotes
Carbo wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:25 am
Anyone with the 308 find the whole centre (where there are no burners, just the extra holes in flavorizer bars) is a whole lot colder than the rest? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but on low & high, the areas under the burner are much/much hotter. I'm used to hot spots, but this one seems quite huge.
It is cooler for sure in the centre, I just cook with that in mind, thin parts of the salmon or chicken breasts get pointed towards the middle. Burgers I rotate around the grill as they cook
ideally three straight tubes would have been better for even distribution, but this grill consistently gives great results for me.