Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bestbuy

Napolean Prestige Gas BBQ

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 9:15 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
Many thanks OP for this deal,
grabbed one ( now its showing 1 avaible in Quebec )
went to a bbq shop to see the item before buying and its a GO for me!
the prestige 308 series is amazing , this will be my first high quality BBQ.

thank you
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
Bessem wrote: Many thanks OP for this deal,
grabbed one ( now its showing 1 avaible in Quebec )
went to a bbq shop to see the item before buying and its a GO for me!
the prestige 308 series is amazing , this will be my first high quality BBQ.

thank you
Where did you go to see this in person?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1641 posts
1140 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: I see. Is there a guide on how to season them properly?
Apparently you can't actually season them in a bbq as the heat gets too high and burns off any of the oil.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
CDRoot wrote: Apparently you can't actually season them in a bbq as the heat gets too high and burns off any of the oil.
I'm assuming an oven then? Like cast iron seasoning?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1641 posts
1140 upvotes
GSpeed wrote: I'm assuming an oven then? Like cast iron seasoning?
No, I mean even if you do season them, the seasoning will burn off as you use the bbq due to the high heat.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
CDRoot wrote: No, I mean even if you do season them, the seasoning will burn off as you use the bbq due to the high heat.
That's why you need to reapply a thin layer of oil after every use (or every other use).
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
GSpeed wrote: I'm assuming an oven then? Like cast iron seasoning?
Yes, for a brand new cast iron grill you can season it in the oven much like a cast iron pan.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5989 upvotes
I had a Westbend propane BBQ for a good 20 years before it finally rotted away and I upgraded to a Napoleon for my summer BBQ (Prestige 750) and a Weber for my winter beater (S320).
The Westbend had really heavy cast iron grates (that outlasted the rest of the BBQ).
I never had to oil/season them other than before the 1st time use or after a good cleaning with oven cleaner. The rest of the time the left over grease from the previous cook (I cleaned the grates after cooking with the typical dollar store wire brush) did a fine job of preventing rust.
Last edited by plymouthhater on May 24th, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2284 upvotes
Barrie
I have never seasoned my grills on my Napoleon and it is now 13 years old and still on the original cast iron grills
Jan 23, 2006
202 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
derrickrose wrote: I see. Is there a guide on how to season them properly?
http://www.broilkingbbq.com/en_ca/faq/c ... iron_grids

This one seems legit. Some people get really crazy with cast iron seasoning (especially the cast iron pan fanatics). At the end of the day, it's just a really durable hunk of metal. If rust forms, just sand it off and re-season, it's no big deal.
Jan 23, 2006
202 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
CDRoot wrote: No, I mean even if you do season them, the seasoning will burn off as you use the bbq due to the high heat.
It depends on how you're using it, I think in general you don't use high heat very often on a grill for extended periods of time, if your'e using it properly, and a gas, non-infrared grill isn't strong enough for a proper reverse sear anyway.

On my infrared side burner, though, I had to switch to stainless steel grates cause the cast iron seasoning kept burning off, but for normal grlling, it really shouldn't sear off.
Sep 14, 2016
54 posts
22 upvotes
I bought one of these a few years ago because I wanted a BBQ that would last. I left it outside for a season without a cover (the cheap Napolean cover ripped from being weathered) and it started to show signs of surface rust on the front doors. One of the knobs broke recently.

It heats good (natural gas) and cooks pretty good, but I would not buy one again. If you buy one, invest in a good cover and keep it covered always. It doesn't take much for the cheap steel to rust.

They don't make them like they used to..
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4517 posts
3449 upvotes
Vaughan
I received mine but due to some circumstances can't keep it ( sigh ) ...I haven't used it even for once.. If anyone is interested pls PM me. Paid 790 including taxes and delivery + 50 to have it assembled. Original receipt from BB will be provided.

Pick up in Vaughan
Certified HVAC Pro. Committed to Customer, not brand. Past RFD Review
2024 AC, Furnace, Heat Pump and Water Heater Groupbuy
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
mastermind82 wrote: I bought one of these a few years ago because I wanted a BBQ that would last. I left it outside for a season without a cover (the cheap Napolean cover ripped from being weathered) and it started to show signs of surface rust on the front doors. One of the knobs broke recently.

It heats good (natural gas) and cooks pretty good, but I would not buy one again. If you buy one, invest in a good cover and keep it covered always. It doesn't take much for the cheap steel to rust.

They don't make them like they used to..
use "bar keeper's friend" to wash/remove rust/polish/ the stainless steel. It's easy and will make the BBQ look new and shiny again. You can get it at crappy tire for about $3.
Sep 4, 2012
53 posts
30 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: I'm a licensed gas fitter and it can be done, but need the conversation kit from Naploean, sometimes the BBQs come with them already.
Not hard after that.
I converted my 308 from propane to natural gas and kept the parts.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
kelvie wrote: http://www.broilkingbbq.com/en_ca/faq/c ... iron_grids

This one seems legit. Some people get really crazy with cast iron seasoning (especially the cast iron pan fanatics). At the end of the day, it's just a really durable hunk of metal. If rust forms, just sand it off and re-season, it's no big deal.
Not all cast iron is made equal. Despite starting off as a heavy hunk of metal, I've seen broil King and broil mate cast iron rust so deep that the grate became an unsalvageable brittle crumbling mess.

On BBQ's it's not really the rust that's a problem on cast iron grates. The bigger issue is that almost all cast iron BBQ grates are coated with a thin layer of porcelain, which flakes and get into food once the grate starts to rust.

Longevity of cast iron grates depend on a number of factors:
*quality of iron used
*quality of porcelain coating
*maximum temperature of burners. Higher temps burn off seasoning. Higher temps also cause porcelain coatings to fall apart more easily.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11163 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: Not all cast iron is made equal. Despite starting off as a heavy hunk of metal, I've seen broil King and broil mate cast iron rust so deep that the grate became an unsalvageable brittle crumbling mess.

On BBQ's it's not really the rust that's a problem on cast iron grates. The bigger issue is that almost all cast iron BBQ grates are coated with a thin layer of porcelain, which flakes and get into food once the grate starts to rust.

Longevity of cast iron grates depend on a number of factors:
*quality of iron used
*quality of porcelain coating
*maximum temperature of burners. Higher temps burn off seasoning. Higher temps also cause porcelain coatings to fall apart more easily.
Ya, that is why I just prefer the stainless steel grates. They have some sacrifices, but they are virtually zero maintenance beyond cleaning.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
Gutty96 wrote: Ya, that is why I just prefer the stainless steel grates. They have some sacrifices, but they are virtually zero maintenance beyond cleaning.
I have 8mm solid SS rod grates on my Signet 70 and I find it difficult to brown meat.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11163 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: I have 8mm solid SS rod grates on my Signet 70 and I find it difficult to brown meat.
To sear it?

Really, I have no issues on mine.