• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2013 11:07 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Geek123 wrote: It depends where you live.

If you live around the GTA should be 2-3 days (BUSINESS)
I live downtown and I'm still waiting for my boxing day deals to arrive. Where are the 3D Playstation TV's?!
Jun 26, 2009
684 posts
269 upvotes
Calgary
Fantaz wrote: I live downtown and I'm still waiting for my boxing day deals to arrive. Where are the 3D Playstation TV's?!
i think they're all sold out, bestbuy and futureshop both.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
tabishz wrote: i think they're all sold out, bestbuy and futureshop both.
More like holding back stock. I bet when the sale is over you'll see plenty come in-stock, just watch.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5759 posts
3729 upvotes
Toronto
Fantaz wrote: More like holding back stock. I bet when the sale is over you'll see plenty come in-stock, just watch.
Obviously. I just hope my stupid package arrives in time for me to try it out or sell it or something!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1433 posts
2822 upvotes
Scarborough
dchrist2 wrote: Bought this on Boxing Day, any idea if Best Buy has price protection?
This New Year's sale ends today at 10AM (i.e. right when stores open) so by the time you contact them for PP the sale will be over.
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2143 posts
1347 upvotes
dchrist2 wrote: Bought this on Boxing Day, any idea if Best Buy has price protection?
freebie wrote: This New Year's sale ends today at 10AM (i.e. right when stores open) so by the time you contact them for PP the sale will be over.
Forget about PP, buy one with sale price now and use this same seal box to return with the receipt of BD (be nice don't return the open box)
It is OOS online so reserve it in store is still possible
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
i went instore on jan 1, like first into the store, sadly no Gaga earbuds or lil Jamz. i did however buy a wireless Sony Pulse headset. I tried to PM with Amazon and they said no problem but tried to charge me for overnight shipping because i was getting them IN STORE IMMEDIATELY.... wth? anyways they needed an account to see how much overnight shipping was, but couldnt get in. what kinda bs are they trying to pull now? I am SAVING your store shipping charges.

anyways got my headset without shipping tacked on anyways.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Dec 22, 2011
53 posts
24 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Why there is a spark when I plug in my laptop eventhough the laptop is off?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1152 posts
378 upvotes
Whitby
KENKINMING wrote: Why there is a spark when I plug in my laptop eventhough the laptop is off?
The huge capacitors charging up in the power adapter. My Lenovo adapter, the power light stays on 60 seconds after I unplug it! :) It's normal, no worries.

And when it gets so hot that your fingerprints melt into the casing, also normal.

-Jamie M.
Home server: http://ywax.us
Speedtest: Image
Dec 22, 2011
53 posts
24 upvotes
VANCOUVER
toysareforboys wrote: The huge capacitors charging up in the power adapter. My Lenovo adapter, the power light stays on 60 seconds after I unplug it! :) It's normal, no worries.

And when it gets so hot that your fingerprints melt into the casing, also normal.

-Jamie M.
Thank you for answering my question !
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2009
1138 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
The mecha anime was cleared-out by me.
[QUOTE]Bucian66: I hate how condescending some users are towards others. I just wish they would be banned. Earlier: At least I've actually put effort in posting links to show the pricing. What have you done? No links to last years Black Friday sales? No links to Boxing Day sales? What a troll.[/QUOTE]
Dec 8, 2007
193 posts
406 upvotes
toysareforboys wrote: I just bought this refurb Lenovo: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 0858d4en02

i5 3210, 6gb DDR3 1600, 750gb, Intel 4000, USB 3.0, monster 4400mah battery, etc. Sweet deal. I just hope it comes with USA keyboard. The specs say it does, but I don't believe them :(

It's a factory refurb so it's done by Lenovo.

-Jamie M.
Could you confirm that wireless in this laptop is only 2.4GHz? I'm thinking of returning it tomorrow.

TIA
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1152 posts
378 upvotes
Whitby
witz wrote: Could you confirm that wireless in this laptop is only 2.4GHz? I'm thinking of returning it tomorrow.
Futureshop wouldn't accept my credit card, and my car just broke (after spending $8k on a new engine and clutch), so I've given up on this laptop for now.

Lenovo has a good webchat, not sure the hours, they'd probably have the right answer.

-Jamie M.
Home server: http://ywax.us
Speedtest: Image