Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] BestBuy New Year's Sale - Online Only

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2013 11:07 pm
Tags:
Dec 8, 2007
193 posts
406 upvotes
toysareforboys wrote: Futureshop wouldn't accept my credit card, and my car just broke (after spending $8k on a new engine and clutch), so I've given up on this laptop for now.

Lenovo has a good webchat, not sure the hours, they'd probably have the right answer.

-Jamie M.
Sorry to hear that. That kind of event dampens the mood for shopping, I guess. $8k for repairs? It must be a special car for you - not a RFD-kind of a car :lol: I would say. I know, I'm cheap :o I wish you better luck.

Just in case someone's still interested in this laptop. It has Centrino 2200N, so per Intel website only 2.4GHz. I have problems with video on 2.4GHz - could be the concrete building or too many neighbors with 2.4GHz devices, in my case 5GHz seems to work better.

Other things I noticed:
- decent keyboard
- little bloatware
- lousy webcam
- lousy screen (expected at this price)

I will give it a fresh look tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3082 posts
902 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know if I can return a Tassimo in which I opened and used the packaged filter?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1152 posts
378 upvotes
Whitby
witz wrote: Sorry to hear that. That kind of event dampens the mood for shopping, I guess. $8k for repairs? It must be a special car for you - not a RFD-kind of a car :lol: I would say. I know, I'm cheap :o I wish you better luck.
It was a used car I had purchased recently (2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC), and was 3 months out of warranty when the timing chain exploded (refer to incorrect factory assembly of the timing chain bulletin from GM, and yep, my car is in that date/serial number range). After fighting with GM for 6 months I finally gave in and just purchased a brand new engine for it :( Was supposed to be around $5k but then needed a new clutch, exhaust manifold, supercharger rebuild, front and rear control arm bushings, front and rear sway bar end links, struts, strut mounts, rear shocks, four rotors, pads all around, etc. etc. Pretty must the entire car is new now :(

It's back in the shop again, something broke in the rear suspension :( Depending on the cost of the repair you might see some of my boxing day purchases for sale (50mm f1.4 canon lens, etc.)

-Jamie M.
Home server: http://ywax.us
Speedtest: Image
Dec 8, 2007
193 posts
406 upvotes
toysareforboys wrote: It was a used car I had purchased recently (2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC), and was 3 months out of warranty when the timing chain exploded (refer to incorrect factory assembly of the timing chain bulletin from GM, and yep, my car is in that date/serial number range). After fighting with GM for 6 months I finally gave in and just purchased a brand new engine for it :( Was supposed to be around $5k but then needed a new clutch, exhaust manifold, supercharger rebuild, front and rear control arm bushings, front and rear sway bar end links, struts, strut mounts, rear shocks, four rotors, pads all around, etc. etc. Pretty must the entire car is new now :(

It's back in the shop again, something broke in the rear suspension :( Depending on the cost of the repair you might see some of my boxing day purchases for sale (50mm f1.4 canon lens, etc.)

-Jamie M.
It sounds like your car went through a nuclear catastrophe. I had my problems with car repairs too, so here are my condolences. Once I had to decide whether scrap the car (Infiniti G20) or change the engine. I went the "transplant" way using scrapped engine from Japan. $1200 in total but it served me well for quite a few years. I think that at that time a good used engine for an American car was much cheaper. I hope you have a good and honest mechanic.
Dec 22, 2011
53 posts
24 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Is it true I should take out the battery of a laptop when I am using it all the time at home ? They said this way I can prolong the life of the battery since I plug in the laptop.