Shopping Discussion

BestBuy online order processing problem?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2009 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 25, 2009
6 posts

BestBuy online order processing problem?

for some reason on my latest order at bestbuy i got the message:

IMPORTANT: As part of our extended customer service you will receive a telephone call, at the number provided as your bill to phone number, providing further instruction to verify your order.

Please note that we can only discuss these matters with the credit card account holder in person.
If we don't hear from you within 10 days of the order being placed we will automatically cancel the order.

this has never happend to me before and just the day before when i ordered from bestbuy it was smooth sailing as it processed without a hitch. i heard that this call you recieve usually takes a few days(with boxing day god knows how long, i dont have the time to wait for obvious reasons). however, on the FS forums someone posted the number to call as they saved it the first time it happend to them. the problem is my order is on bestbuy not fs.

so does anyone know the number to call when this occurs on online bestbuy orders? apparently it just sends you to some automated thing where the card holder calls out their order number. just wanted to point that out before anyone says that customer service is off today, its automated.

hope someone can help,

thanks in advance :)
3 replies
Dec 25, 2009
4 posts
this is normal. I got that message as well and i believe this happens when your order total is greater than $500?

you'll get a phone call with a phone number to verify your account. I got it just 30min ago. just call back to the phone number they provided (1-866-5141431) with your credit card phone number and enter your order number and your order will be processed.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2005
1689 posts
30 upvotes
Did they do that in random? I never got the call and the email.
Jun 23, 2007
103 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I got an email yesterday(on xmas day) from Futureshop asking me to call customer service to discuss a billing issue for the 32 inch TV I ordered. I called yesterday and surprisingly someone was working on xmas day :) . It turned out to be a mismatched phone number on my FS account. Everything was sorted out on the spot. So just give them a call and it will sort itself out.
× < >