Shopping Discussion

BestBuy PM Policy and Site Changes (for the next few months)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 10:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1567 posts
638 upvotes
Vancouver

BestBuy PM Policy and Site Changes (for the next few months)

Looks like BestBuy Canada is preparing for the upcoming busy seasons and I went to the store and noticed a few new rules relating to PM for the next few months.
IMG_1056.JPG
From the wordings, sounds like they are not going to price match their VIP, BF, Cyber Monday etc. I guess people have been cleaning out inventory before the sales and go back for price adjustments? They used to tell people to buy now and adjust later..

I also noticed after mid-night randomly BestBuy will be doing a dry to run test a queuing system so that the site doesn't go down. When that happens, they will put you on a queue and a progress bar will move and a chime will come onto the browser. So don't be alarmed if you can't get into the site, if you are in the line, don't go away.
10 replies
Nov 25, 2004
835 posts
252 upvotes
London
they put that in there every year nothing new.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1567 posts
638 upvotes
Vancouver
In the past, they have been advising potential customers to buy before the sales and then come back for an adjustment if the price comes down. I know London Drugs does this when I walked in to look at TVs.
Nov 25, 2004
835 posts
252 upvotes
London
pkphilip wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 6:01 pm
In the past, they have been advising potential customers to buy before the sales and then come back for an adjustment if the price comes down. I know London Drugs does this when I walked in to look at TVs.
it all depends on the people working at the store. some stores couldnt careless but if they follow the policy as its always stated at this time of year. black Friday boxing day sales aren't price match able.
Jan 11, 2016
55 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough
Just bought a Phillips light strip from bestbuy 2 days ago. The employee specifically said to come back on vip day (November 23rd) and if it's lower you're price protected.
Sep 26, 2017
55 posts
12 upvotes
I kinda wanna do this with a TV. The US stores are going to sell the x900e's for 200 less than what they are right now, but I dont know if Best Buy canada will do the same discount. For a long time back when the 55inch was 1800 canadian here, it was 1200 USD for the longest time. If the same pattern happened again, I wouldnt get a canadian discount untill maybe January even though US stores have it rolled out in November.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1567 posts
638 upvotes
Vancouver
CillinR833881 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:24 am
I kinda wanna do this with a TV. The US stores are going to sell the x900e's for 200 less than what they are right now, but I dont know if Best Buy canada will do the same discount. For a long time back when the 55inch was 1800 canadian here, it was 1200 USD for the longest time. If the same pattern happened again, I wouldnt get a canadian discount untill maybe January even though US stores have it rolled out in November.

If you want to get a TV from US, please check the TV manufacturing place. I checked TV made in China now doesn't incur a duty, so you might be safe. If other countries might be different.

Also Sony Canada does not service or warranty electronics bought out of the country, and you will have to lug it back as anything larger than 40" are usually in home service.
Sep 26, 2017
55 posts
12 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:22 pm
If you want to get a TV from US, please check the TV manufacturing place. I checked TV made in China now doesn't incur a duty, so you might be safe. If other countries might be different.

Also Sony Canada does not service or warranty electronics bought out of the country, and you will have to lug it back as anything larger than 40" are usually in home service.
I wouldnt mind. I can fit it in my car. Or would just deal with the manufacturer. Im also not one of these nervous people that MUST buy the 3 year warranty. Honestly, If you dont trust a companies product to last 3 years without insurance, then you probably should not buy from that company period. Perhaps I have just had better luck. I have never had a TV break on me. My current Dynex has been OK for 7 years. Oh and the x900e is made in mexico so no duty, but I would have to pay tax when bringing it into the country.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1567 posts
638 upvotes
Vancouver
CillinR833881 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:57 pm
I wouldnt mind. I can fit it in my car. Or would just deal with the manufacturer. Im also not one of these nervous people that MUST buy the 3 year warranty. Honestly, If you dont trust a companies product to last 3 years without insurance, then you probably should not buy from that company period. Perhaps I have just had better luck. I have never had a TV break on me. My current Dynex has been OK for 7 years. Oh and the x900e is made in mexico so no duty, but I would have to pay tax when bringing it into the country.
With the extra bells and whistles come on these higher-end TV, it is more likely something to break. My LG TV now has all the latest features from 3 years ago and it is all good until LG decided to send a bad firmware update. LG couldn't fix it on the phone and via USB and had to sent a guy over to pick up the TV to replace the motherboard. I am just saying that although the quality of the components are good on the high-end set, it's the software that's the same across the board.

I don't get warranty either, I use my TV everyday so every down time hurts.