Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Samsung 64" 1080p 600Hz Plasma (PN64F5300FXZC) $799.97 (-$20 Paypal promo)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2014 1:04 pm
Tags:
Dec 1, 2009
839 posts
416 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
Madevilz wrote: Saw that too. But I dont think they PM final clearances.
Depends on the rep. I've had some success in the past. Sometimes I would get a rep that wouldn't budge, would call 5 minutes later and that other rep would accept. It's hit or miss.
Dec 13, 2013
491 posts
432 upvotes
By the time you would have tried to PM it, it would have sold out... just like it is right now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
MiniTatou wrote: Oups NO !!!!! :-(

I keep forgetting to PM ... it not an instant reflex. I have to learn this :-/

futureshop policy:
The product’s price must not be lower due to an advertising error, misprint, or special sale price.
Special sale prices include Black Friday prices, Cyber Monday prices, Boxing Day prices, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) prices, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and financing offers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like im receiving mine this Saturday, just received a confirmation by email.
Mar 13, 2010
226 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
I called FS and they told me since it is limited quantities on their end they don't price match. Seems like a load of BS to me. Regardless of that I suspect they would deny the PM since it says final clearance on the BB site.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1368 posts
457 upvotes
I am waiting for a good deal on a 80" TV... around 2K range :-)
Aug 22, 2011
952 posts
737 upvotes
Montreal
Just ordered from FS and called for PM. No deal because of limited quantities so I cancelled the FS order. The other rep 5 minutes earlier told me they would PM and that's why I ordered.
The last rep told my they have 5 new employees and that they were not aware of these policies.
The other option might be to PM in store with my BB invoice. It would mean $110 saving if it works. Not sure I'm in the mood to go through all this. The clearance price is OK :-)
Montréal, Québec
Aug 4, 2010
691 posts
277 upvotes
Not Winnipeg
No one should have an in issue PM'ing between FS and BB. It's the same damn company. The fact that they give you a hard time is just BS. :mad:
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
ahhell wrote: No one should have an in issue PM'ing between FS and BB. It's the same damn company. The fact that they give you a hard time is just BS. :mad:
Meh, on the same vein, Target stores will not PM each other in almost any scenario (there are outliers obviously).

Same company, different division or whatever you want to call it.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Mar 13, 2010
226 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
ahhell wrote: No one should have an in issue PM'ing between FS and BB. It's the same damn company. The fact that they give you a hard time is just BS. :mad:
I guess in theory FS should eventually come down to same price or better if there is stock left.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
MiniTatou wrote: Just ordered from FS and called for PM. No deal because of limited quantities so I cancelled the FS order. The other rep 5 minutes earlier told me they would PM and that's why I ordered.
The last rep told my they have 5 new employees and that they were not aware of these policies.
The other option might be to PM in store with my BB invoice. It would mean $110 saving if it works. Not sure I'm in the mood to go through all this. The clearance price is OK :-)
Your mistake was ending the call with the first rep.
You should have placed the order while they were on the phone and had them PM instantly
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
I bought this for a cool grand last year from Costco. The picture is good and definitely a steal for $800 -- no surprise it sold out quickly. Only one HDMI which isn't a problem if you use a receiver. No smart features either, but any media player will perform better anyways so why pay extra for that feature?
Aug 22, 2011
952 posts
737 upvotes
Montreal
goat wrote: Your mistake was ending the call with the first rep.
You should have placed the order while they were on the phone and had them PM instantly
Yep ! Still I'm happy with this deal :-)
Montréal, Québec
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
just got an email saying they had a stock error and my order couldn't be fulfilled. Gave me a $75 off promo code to make up for it at least
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
newdeal wrote: just got an email saying they had a stock error and my order couldn't be fulfilled. Gave me a $75 off promo code to make up for it at least
Thats actually pretty good, wait for boxing day lol
Aug 22, 2011
952 posts
737 upvotes
Montreal
TV was delivery an hour ago. It's big !!! I have to wait ± 1.5 hour before switching it on because of cold weather. Anyway, I'll need help to install it where it's going to stand in the living room.
Can't wait to switch it on :-)
Montréal, Québec
Aug 22, 2011
952 posts
737 upvotes
Montreal
It's installed, my brother came and helped me ! Well .... I have no regrets whatsoever and what an amazing difference in size from 42" to 64" ! Larger than 64"/65" would have been too big in my living room.
As for the image ... it is very very very nice & bright. There is no buzzing sound. Just for the sake of it, I will try calibration settings posted here: http://reviews.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/ ... tings.html
I was using the "dynamic" mode on the 42" and it is also available on this one but since this screen is much bigger, setting it somewhere between "movie" & "dynamic" might be just perfect.
I'm not sure yet if I will install it on the wall but it would sure look good.
Thanks very much OP !
Montréal, Québec
Jan 4, 2007
146 posts
37 upvotes
The buzzing sound is really anoying. I sit at 6 feet from the tv, I know I'm close for a 64" tv. Maybe I'll get 7 feet if I install it on the wall.

The most annoying feature is the Automatic Brightness Limiter (ABL). We can't turn it off and I CAN'T watch hockey with this tv. The screen is always switching from bright white to greyish white. The more white on screen at once the dimmer that white will be. Apparently every plasma tv have this "feature". In NHL 15 the ice is grey since there is too much white on screen. How do I return this tv? Does
Aug 22, 2011
952 posts
737 upvotes
Montreal
From many treads all over the web, it seems that the buzzing sound varies for each unit. If you want to return the TV, call BB to arrange pickup. I was told that you have 30 days to return this product.
Montréal, Québec

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)