Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Tom Clancy's The Division Gold Edition (XB1 InStore 49.97)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2016 8:43 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1814 posts
571 upvotes

[Best Buy] Tom Clancy's The Division Gold Edition (XB1 InStore 49.97)

I know this game has haters but it seems to be in the most played games list often..

good price for the gold version if you can find any stock, none near me it seems.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2310 posts
2709 upvotes
London, Ontario
This has been this price for awhile now. You should put YMMV in the title since there's no online stock.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6921 posts
1810 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
Even if people find stock, keep in mind the developer has basically tossed this aside and there is no end game. You're playing just the story and side missions with no actual end game.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14610 posts
5312 upvotes
Oakville
Variability wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 7:37 am
Even if people find stock, keep in mind the developer has basically tossed this aside and there is no end game. You're playing just the story and side missions with no actual end game.
Tossed this aside? They just released the Underground expansion at the end of June (which I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6921 posts
1810 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
wearysky wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 12:54 pm
Tossed this aside? They just released the Underground expansion at the end of June (which I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with).
They've added more to the game for you to purchase, but there still is no end game.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14610 posts
5312 upvotes
Oakville
Variability wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 12:56 pm
They've added more to the game for you to purchase, but there still is no end game.
For gold users (like myself, picked up before launch via the Xbox Argentina online store), there's nothing more to purchase - all DLC is included.

I'm not sure what your expectation is for an "end game" for this game, to say that there is none? This is the first MMORPG I've picked up since the first year or two of WoW, so I don't know how other games handle end game once you finish the main story. I've been having a hell of a lot of fun with all the recent updates (the incursions [well, not the first one, but the ones since], then the high value targets, and now the underground)... I'll admit I grew tired of the Dark Zone pretty quickly since unless you have a solid group of 4 all the time, it's pretty much a death trap, always (at least on the XBone). But the rest of the content they've added for high level players has been a lot of fun for me. My biggest complaint is the difficulty levels - hard missions are super easy (even with our group that often only has 2/4 players on), challenging missions can be terrifyingly difficult.
May 31, 2007
237 posts
121 upvotes
This game is a disaster. 94% of the player base is gone, it's a cover shooter where the baddies are bullet sponges. This isn't even worth 10$
Being the fastest dropping player base of Any game made to date should say enough to not buy this turd.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6266 posts
2049 upvotes
Canada
There you have it from the "D" "O" double "G"!
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14610 posts
5312 upvotes
Oakville
N8DOGG wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 3:28 pm
This game is a disaster. 94% of the player base is gone, it's a cover shooter where the baddies are bullet sponges. This isn't even worth 10$
Being the fastest dropping player base of Any game made to date should say enough to not buy this turd.
That player base number is based on Steam players only (as far as I can tell in any of the "player base dropped immensely" articles) - and I assume all those players are gone because of the VAST amount of unchecked cheating on the PC side. It seems to be pretty active still on the XBone side, in my experience (at least in the DZ/underground, which is the only place I ever see anybody). For $50, I'm not sure it's worth it even for the gold edition (not that you can get it at that price) if you're only going to play single player. But if you've got a group of 3 other friends to play with regularly? Still totally worth it, even if you never encounter any other players online (if anything, that makes it better - the DZ is full of griefers). Me and my buddies are still having tons of fun with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2310 posts
2709 upvotes
London, Ontario
N8DOGG wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2016 3:28 pm
The enemies are supposed to have high health because this game is an rpg. It's like your enemies having high hit points. I also disagree that the game is dead as I see people all over the place when I'm in safe houses. Those safe houses are never empty. I also really like this game as does my cousin and a few other people I know. I find the gun play to be really fun and it's also really fun to mess around in with your friends. Saying the game is a turd is really just a matter of opinion. And this game is easily worth $10.

There are a few flaws with this game, but to me they don't hamper the experience enough to for me to not like it. One thing I don't like is the fact the enemies, even enemies without snipers, can see you from very far away and will start shooting at you. I think that that's quite ridiculous.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1814 posts
571 upvotes
This game is never outside of the top 10-15 most played games on xb1 list.. its dead on pc not console, console had some bugs but nowhere near the cheating epidemic of online on pc.

the only things above it are the major aaa titles, CoD, FO4, nba/fifa/nhl, destiny, overwatch, halo. as should be expected.
Feb 16, 2010
39 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Out of curiosity, I wonder which Best Buy location(s) in Canada has this in-stock?