Fashion & Beauty

Is it better to size down on cargo pants?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2018 10:23 am
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver

Is it better to size down on cargo pants?

Hello,

I'm looking to buy cargo pants for work, usually I wear 34x34 jeans, but I could really use the extra pockets that cargo pants have to offer.

These are the pair i'm thinking of getting: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003SG ... _qh_dp_hza

Thinking of going 34x34 as I always do with my pants but some say there is an elastic waist band, as opposed to a gripped waist band, I don't know what that means, some are saying it's good if you need extra room but I always go 34x34 to get that extra room anyways. Do you guys think I should size down on this?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
SquirreI wrote: Hello,

I'm looking to buy cargo pants for work, usually I wear 34x34 jeans, but I could really use the extra pockets that cargo pants have to offer.

These are the pair i'm thinking of getting: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003SG ... _qh_dp_hza

Thinking of going 34x34 as I always do with my pants but some say there is an elastic waist band, as opposed to a gripped waist band, I don't know what that means, some are saying it's good if you need extra room but I always go 34x34 to get that extra room anyways. Do you guys think I should size down on this?
The only elastic band I have seen in pants are sweatpants. I would suggest getting your regular size of 34x34. There is the odd time where I have to go a size up.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
ds2chan wrote: The only elastic band I have seen in pants are sweatpants. I would suggest getting your regular size of 34x34. There is the odd time where I have to go a size up.
Thanks, i'll give it a shot.

Does amazon let you return clothes after trying them on? Policy says "clothes must be in new and unused condition"
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
SquirreI wrote: Thanks, i'll give it a shot.

Does amazon let you return clothes after trying them on? Policy says "clothes must be in new and unused condition"
Hopefully somebody else can confirm their return policy on clothes but I'd imagine that if you left the tags on then you should be able to return it. That should be what they mean by in new condition.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"