Fashion & Beauty

Better than Canada Goose but no branding?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2019 6:02 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
71 posts
61 upvotes

Better than Canada Goose but no branding?

Any winter jackets out there as good as or warmer and better quality than Canada Goose without any branding? With real down and Coyote fur. No faux fur or artificial fills.
17 replies
Dec 10, 2017
6 posts
7 upvotes
Hi there.

You could try Quartz Co... quartz-co.ca -there branding is pretty minimal comparatively speaking. Their designs are clean and their coats are exceptionally light to wear, yet very, very warm.

-Made in Canada
-Lifetime Guarantee
-Machine Washable
-650 Fill Power White Canadian Duck Down sourced from the Hudderites (Western region in Canada)
--30 TEI rated in most models, -50 TEI in their expedition model
-Only real fur is used and Coyote is the most evident across most models but Racoon or Blue Fox are used in certain models
-Water Proof up to 10000mm/20000mm depending on the fabric
-DWR finish on all fabrics
-WindProof
-YKK Zippers

I did some editorial work on them last year after a major re-design and re-brand of their collection. The two brothers that own the company now are in the early thirties. They have gotten into some fantastic stores globally this Fall including Le Bon Marche in Paris France and Journal Standard in Japan....locally I believe there are several along Queen St here in Toronto carrying the collection now. Last time I spoke with the owners they were launching with Sporting Life aswell...there is a store locator on their website.

I have a CG, Parajumpers and Nobis and prefer both the quality and design of Quartz better.....its the real deal, quality wise.....CG (from 6 years ago) would be the only other Parka in my opinion with comparable quality.

Hope this helps.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2016
71 posts
61 upvotes
slim1014 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 6:10 pm
Hi there.

You could try Quartz Co... quartz-co.ca -there branding is pretty minimal comparatively speaking. Their designs are clean and their coats are exceptionally light to wear, yet very, very warm.

-Made in Canada
-Lifetime Guarantee
-Machine Washable
-650 Fill Power White Canadian Duck Down sourced from the Hudderites (Western region in Canada)
--30 TEI rated in most models, -50 TEI in their expedition model
-Only real fur is used and Coyote is the most evident across most models but Racoon or Blue Fox are used in certain models
-Water Proof up to 10000mm/20000mm depending on the fabric
-DWR finish on all fabrics
-WindProof
-YKK Zippers

I did some editorial work on them last year after a major re-design and re-brand of their collection. The two brothers that own the company now are in the early thirties. They have gotten into some fantastic stores globally this Fall including Le Bon Marche in Paris France and Journal Standard in Japan....locally I believe there are several along Queen St here in Toronto carrying the collection now. Last time I spoke with the owners they were launching with Sporting Life aswell...there is a store locator on their website.

I have a CG, Parajumpers and Nobis and prefer both the quality and design of Quartz better.....its the real deal, quality wise.....CG (from 6 years ago) would be the only other Parka in my opinion with comparable quality.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply.

I can also consider minimal branding that won't scream giant logos like CG. I own a CG as well but I am also looking for a clean sleek look that has the same warmth and quality or better. I love the Coyote fur hoods as it keeps the snow and wind out of my face beautifully. I have been seeing people in Markham pop up with these types of coats where I cannot see a logo or any idea what they are. Are these unbranded Chinese coats or something else?

What would even be nicer is CG quality without the branding and price Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
658 upvotes
cohenkaplan wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 10:09 am
Any winter jackets out there as good as or warmer and better quality than Canada Goose without any branding? With real down and Coyote fur. No faux fur or artificial fills.
CG sells jackets with blacked out logo which makes it basically inconspicuous especially if you get the jacket in a dark color
Sep 15, 2018
24 posts
27 upvotes
Ottawa
Lol at the insta -1 when canada goose is mentioned
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
6372 posts
1820 upvotes
Gboard2 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 9:47 am
CG sells jackets with blacked out logo which makes it basically inconspicuous especially if you get the jacket in a dark color
I came in to say this. I have a black label Langford. The labels are black along with the patch so I don’t feel like a walking billboard.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9902 posts
4356 upvotes
Toronto
Nobis

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9050 posts
379 upvotes
Mississauga
CMFR
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11430 posts
1481 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Meditech82 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 12:17 pm
Eddie Bauer.
LOL, a joke! Please dont mention that brand regarding cold weather gear. Any company that LIES about temp ratings shud be banned. They've gone from a reputable made in USA brand back in the day to a made in china/vietnam/indonesia cheap material knock off's. Old folks like them... but I wouldnt be caught dead in them scaling Mt Everest. lol. :rolleyes:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 5, 2012
268 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Never owned a Canada Goose but I have a Nobis and only recently bought a CMFR. These are great jackets, I only wear a shirt under. I like the simple design of the CMFR.
Apr 15, 2012
122 posts
52 upvotes
I tried the Langford from CG past weekend, I liked the design and warmth. Also I tried the Arc'teryx Camosun Parka and loved their snug fit.
Following the outdoorgearlab.com ratings, Arc'teryx Camosun Parka is the better overall but I can't tell since I can't compare the jackets in actual weather conditions.
I am also looking for a minimal(stealthy) design like the Langford or Camosun but warm enough. Confused which one to get since shelling out on these jackets is like an investment.
Dec 10, 2017
6 posts
7 upvotes
the Arc Veliance would give you the clean minimal design as would the Alban, Labrador or Champlain models from Quartz Co....all great coats and well worth the investment....the styling is timeless and the quality will last....

https://veilance.arcteryx.com/us/en/sho ... -down-coat

https://www.sportinglife.ca/en-CA/men/c ... d=#start=1

https://www.sportinglife.ca/en-CA/mens- ... d=#start=1
Apr 17, 2013
805 posts
114 upvotes
Markham
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 10:21 am
LOL, a joke! Please dont mention that brand regarding cold weather gear. Any company that LIES about temp ratings shud be banned. They've gone from a reputable made in USA brand back in the day to a made in china/vietnam/indonesia cheap material knock off's. Old folks like them... but I wouldnt be caught dead in them scaling Mt Everest. lol. :rolleyes:
I live in Markham so I'm not climbing any mountains anytime soon. I take public transit once a week. It's served me well at $140 Canadian on sale.
PSN - Meditech82