• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 11:02 am
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
695 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Beware of My Mall Box myMallbox.com

I recently tried to use myMallBox to forward an amazon Echo I purchased during the Prime day. It was my first time using a mail forwarder for a package.
Based on the horrible experience I had, I'd suggest people stay away with those guys - scam or not, it is just not worth the risk or hassle dealing with My Mall Box.

I initially received email notification on July 13 from them saying that my package had arrived from amazon. I went online and requested to forward the package to Toronto via USPS ePacket.
A day later, I received an email saying that a shipping label was created, and I was given a USPS looking tracking number (LX#########US). (The MyMallBox web portal itself never got updated and still shows "Ready to Ship".)
The link in the email took me to a website called "Globegistics" and the tracking info from that site has stayed like below since July 14.
The tracking number never worked on USPS.com or CanadaPost.ca.

Tracking Number : LX#######US
Current Status: Enroute To Regional Processing Facility
Shipment History :

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
7/14/2017 9:40 PM Enroute To Regional Processing Facility Globegistics, US
7/14/2017 5:40 PM Customer Data Received Globegistics, US

I waited patiently until July 21 and emailed MyMallBox for an update.
They responded to the 1st email quickly saying that the warehouse supervisor would look into it and get back to me.
Nothing happened, so I followed up again on the 26th - still no response.
Again today - no response.

I started to look into the MyMallBox - to give mymallbox the benefit of the doubt, they may or may not be a sham. however, it appears to be common practice for MyMallBox to ignore customer inquiries when thing may have gone wrong.

I also looked into Globegistics. It appears they are a shipping wholesaler with their own logistic infrastructure. They may have some sort of partnership with USPS, collecting packages from businesses and eventually forwarding them onto USPS for international shipping. I guess MyMallBox chose to deal with Globegistics instead of USPS directly to save cost, but it was not exactly the generally reliable USPS service I agreed on and paid for.

It might be just my bad luck - the package got lost by Globegistic before it reached USPS for exporting. I mistakenly assumed USPS ePacket had $100 insurance built-in (the USPS option I paid to MyMallbox cost more than DHL option), so it is likely that I wont get reimbursed (nor I would want any "credit" from mymallbox). I would likely call AMEX and charge back on the "USPS" shipping fee I paid to mymallbox under "service not rendered".

****Update July 31****
Ok, I reached out to globegistics. they confirmed that the first 2 events from the tracking history only meant a shipping label was created. The package has not been sent to them from mymallbox.
I guess my "impatience" was not unfounded.
Still, no response from mymallbox.

****Update Aug 1****
I looked into mymallbox further and reached out to their parent/affiliated company Simple Global located at the same warehouse. I stated that I felt mymallbox was holding my package illegally and I wondered if I should reach out to their local police. A nice gentleman Paul responded to my message and advised that someone at MyMallbox should reach out.

Mark, myMallBox Director, finally replied to my email enquiry and confirmed that my package still hadn't left the warehouse. However, they had no idea where it was and they would "perform a full audit and update with an resolution". They would refund if "there was not a resolution this week" (Aug 4th).

****Update Aug 8****
Nothing from myMallBox last week and my package is still "Ready to Ship" online.
Followed up again - nothing yet.

****Update Aug 16****
Reached out to Calaine last Friday as aaron158 suggested. She responded on Monday to confirm some details and issued refund for the shipping fee and reimbursement of the echo.

Overall, my persistence paid off. I am very disappointed with the level of service. I can understand occasional missing packages - but the poor communication (or lack of) and the empty promises by multiple staff there are just plain sad...Does it worth the time I spent to get this resolved? probably not. But I did not mind this side quest during the slow summer out of principle;)
Last edited by ericw on Jul 28th, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
99 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1337 posts
361 upvotes
Mississauga
relax, you will get your echo.

mymallbox is legit.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
695 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dgr81 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:03 am
relax, you will get your echo.

mymallbox is legit.
Legit or not, I doubt they can locate the package at this point. What annoyed me more is the poor service and lack of communication.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4100 posts
1344 upvotes
used mymallbox for 2 years, some problems but package always came
Nov 25, 2004
830 posts
249 upvotes
London
they shipped the package just a bit over 2 weeks ago and ur already complaining. packages from the us take anywhere from 2-4 weeks I've had some from Barnes and noble take as long as 6 weeks. if u wanted it fast u should have paid for dhl express shipping or usps priority.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1337 posts
361 upvotes
Mississauga
aaron158 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:39 am
they shipped the package just a bit over 2 weeks ago and ur already complaining. packages from the us take anywhere from 2-4 weeks I've had some from Barnes and noble take as long as 6 weeks. if u wanted it fast u should have paid for dhl express shipping or usps priority.
this
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
695 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aaron158 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:39 am
I did not use USPS air - I paid for USPS ePacket which is 5-12 business days (vs. 6-10 business days USPS Priority. ) The Globegistics regional processing centre in the tracking history is JFK...
Dec 26, 2003
773 posts
280 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Never had an issue with mymallbox. It could be held up at Canada Customs for an unknown reason - nothing anyone can do if this is the case. Way too impatient.
Fido
Koodo
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
695 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dgr81 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:41 am
this
I agree I should have chosen DHL ($32) vs USPS ePacket which was actually more expensive than DHL.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
695 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Primetyme wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:48 am
Never had an issue with mymallbox. It could be held up at Canada Customs for an unknown reason - nothing anyone can do if this is the case. Way too impatient.
The package never reached the warehouse / USPS for processing as expected, that's why I reached out to them. I waited 5 business days before I emailed them (that's how long the package is supposed to arrive in Toronto...)
Sep 30, 2015
98 posts
77 upvotes
East York, ON
ericw wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:50 am
I agree I should have chosen DHL ($32) vs USPS ePacket which was actually more expensive than DHL.
I've never had an issue with their service. Also, DHL would have been more expensive once you pay all their fees at the door.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4100 posts
1344 upvotes
DHL will rekt u with brokerage and custom charges. Whole point of using mymallbox is to use USPS.

One time they didint write proper address and it didnt come for 2 months and was returned to them.
They gave me 1 day shipping via dhl and paid me for the brokerage + taxes via paypal.
May 18, 2004
118 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I have used them to ship really big items and in some cases items that costs $500US+. No issues so far.

Maybe just bad luck this time around?
May 29, 2008
639 posts
196 upvotes
Hamilton
I also have not had a problem with myMallBox. I just had a package sent with ePacket arrive at my house on July 28th. My tracking info was provided to me on July 11. However, my package was handed over from Globegistics to USPS on July 13. Updates were posted on both Globegistics website and USPS website, and also Canada Post website when it arrived in Canada.