Beware of My Mall Box myMallbox.com

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:10 am
Oct 10, 2005
402 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Much better option would be to use something like CrossBorderPickups.ca
The package arrives at their facility in Niagara Falls, NY, they do the Canada customs clearance and transports to their Mississauga warehouse.
The package can be picked up there or they can re-shipped to anywhere in Canada; so there is no cross-border shipping.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
toomuchpie wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:23 pm
I also have not had a problem with myMallBox. I just had a package sent with ePacket arrive at my house on July 28th. My tracking info was provided to me on July 11. However, my package was handed over from Globegistics to USPS on July 13. Updates were posted on both Globegistics website and USPS website, and also Canada Post website when it arrived in Canada.
Exactly my point... my package was never handed over to USPS and mymallbox chose not to respond.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Smotz wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 11:49 am
I have used them to ship really big items and in some cases items that costs $500US+. No issues so far.

Maybe just bad luck this time around?
Probably just bad luck and the package was lost with globegistics. But there is no excuse for mymallbox ignoring my emails.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ok, I reached out to globegistics. they confirmed that the first 2 events from the tracking history only meant a shipping label was created. The package has not been sent to them from mymallbox.
I guess my "impatience" was not unfounded.
Still, no response from mymallbox.

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
7/14/2017 9:40 PM Enroute To Regional Processing Facility Globegistics, US
7/14/2017 5:40 PM Customer Data Received Globegistics, US
Apr 27, 2010
552 posts
169 upvotes
ericw wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 9:57 am
Ok, I reached out to globegistics. they confirmed that the first 2 events from the tracking history only meant a shipping label was created. The package has not been sent to them from mymallbox.
I guess my "impatience" was not unfounded.
Still, no response from mymallbox.

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
7/14/2017 9:40 PM Enroute To Regional Processing Facility Globegistics, US
7/14/2017 5:40 PM Customer Data Received Globegistics, US
Also my experience with mymallbox. Worked the first couple of times, then packages were hit and miss on delivery times. Haven't lost a package yet, but they're taking much longer than they used to.

You can see the deterioration of service quality from their Twitter. They used to tweet with customers, and told them to contact support whenever there was an issue. Then they stopped answering tweets and removed the contact support button on their site. Now there's just an FAQ on what to do, which isn't really helpful if your package doesn't show up.
Oct 16, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
OP, did you receive your package yet? I've used this service successfully a bunch of times but I'm in the same boat you are. Just curious of your status.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lock1nout wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 1:04 pm
OP, did you receive your package yet? I've used this service successfully a bunch of times but I'm in the same boat you are. Just curious of your status.
nothing yet - just empty promises. I've updated the first post.
May 30, 2011
460 posts
518 upvotes
Primetyme wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:48 am
Never had an issue with mymallbox. It could be held up at Canada Customs for an unknown reason - nothing anyone can do if this is the case. Way too impatient.
I've used mymallbox several times and so far I've been getting my packages (knock on wood). There was this one time where it took a month for the package to arrive, but it was because it was held up at Canada Customs.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sli723 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 4:32 pm
I've used mymallbox several times and so far I've been getting my packages (knock on wood). There was this one time where it took a month for the package to arrive, but it was because it was held up at Canada Customs.
The problem is...they admitted they lost my package themselves. Not USPS.
My biggest problem is with their horrible service and communication (or lack of).
Oct 16, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
sli723 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 4:32 pm
Was your tracking information updated regularly or was their missing checkpoints?
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No update after initial shipping label
Nov 25, 2004
720 posts
208 upvotes
London
try emailing calaine@simpleglobal.com. they been having issues with there email address support@mymailbox.com i had an issue with a damaged shipment and she helped out pretty quick she just asked for a picture and she credited my account for the damaged item.
May 30, 2011
460 posts
518 upvotes
lock1nout wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:37 pm
Was your tracking information updated regularly or was their missing checkpoints?
Most of the time I had the packages shipped without tracking. There is this one time where I had a package shipped with tracking and it arrived a week later.
Oct 16, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
I got this reply from her: "For the tracking to not update while the package is still in the US is NOT normal. This is not the first time this has happened with Globegistics tracking not updating. We currently have the same issue going on with other customers packages that were shipped out last month. I will bring this to our IT teams attention. Just a heads up, shipping with Globegistics can take up to 30 days for one to receive their package."

Still does not leave me with much confidence.
Jun 19, 2017
215 posts
137 upvotes
Can someone tell me why you guys are using this service? Im unaware