• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:10 am
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1065 posts
174 upvotes
42energy wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 12:28 pm
They used to be. Not now. I used them few times before. It seems time has come I can no longer guarantee my item will be safe.
That is too bad... They were the go-to place for US shopping for me; no tax, very reasonable handling fees, repackaging to a smaller box, change customs value etc...
Oct 16, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
42energy wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 12:28 pm
They used to be. Not now. I used them few times before. It seems time has come I can no longer guarantee my item will be safe.
X2. I had no problems with four previous experiences but when it goes south expect this sort of nonsense. Ill be trying crossborderpickups next.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
118 upvotes
bose wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 12:37 pm
That is too bad... They were the go-to place for US shopping for me; no tax, very reasonable handling fees, repackaging to a smaller box, change customs value etc...
It is too bad cuz I haven't found another service that's cost effective for under $100USD items. Fees cost about $30-40 and by that time, it's really same price as buying it here.
Apr 30, 2012
154 posts
26 upvotes
North York
I've used mymallbox 4 times with no issues. I even risked it one time by selecting a shipping method that didn't include a tracking number and still received the item.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
118 upvotes
Steveei wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 2:23 pm
I've used mymallbox 4 times with no issues. I even risked it one time by selecting a shipping method that didn't include a tracking number and still received the item.
I received item every time most of them without tracking #.

It doesn't matter how great it has been before. My buy me order is not going anywhere and they don't respond to any emails or support tickets.

This puts regular forwarding in unknown territory where you may or may not get it, and if you ever have any problems your item will be lost forever. I wouldn't risk it for my $100 item.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Steveei wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 2:23 pm
You should thank USPS not mymallbox for that. The problem now is things gone missing in Mymallbox's possession and does not even get shipped out or reach USPS.
I got a feeling that the business is going downhill and probably some lowly paid workers decided to supplement their minimum wages....or their operation is a completely mess.
In the email I received from their director Mark, he used the phase "internal audit"....
Nov 13, 2013
149 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Sigh ... I have the same problem with them right now. Package was shipped out on Aug 4th, and it says "Read to ship" on their site and that Globe tracking site only shows 2 entries which seems to mean they have not received the package yet. Just sent my third email to mymallbox without a reply. Starting to think I won't use this company again to ship anything again.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
118 upvotes
My buy for me order never processed and missed sale. I deleted login info as I don't plan on using this ever.
Oct 16, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
I'm starting to think someone at their warehouse had sticky fingers or a truck went 'missing'. Ill be calling paypal and VIsa tomorrow to get the process started as they are not answering any of my emails either. Ill be calling the Delaware PD if they don't comply.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lock1nout wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 9:32 pm
I'm starting to think someone at their warehouse had sticky fingers or a truck went 'missing'. Ill be calling paypal and VIsa tomorrow to get the process started as they are not answering any of my emails either. Ill be calling the Delaware PD if they don't comply.
at this point, I strongly suspect there is theft involved at the facility. or probably the business is closing down.
I did call amazon to blacklist my echo.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
118 upvotes
seller has delivered item to addressed location. I doubt there will be protection for item.
Oct 16, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
Globegistics claims they never received parcel as it did not enter their processing facility according to their agent. This was confirmed by globegistics. Shipper is still tangible to parcel. Someone is liable.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
673 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
At best, paypal will refund the shipping charge paid to mymallbox. However, Visa *may* cover it under 90 day purchase security insurance for stolen goods from mailbox, especially if you file a police report. But it is best to check with Visa since item was not in your possession. also worth checking is home insurance.
Last edited by ericw on Aug 29th, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
That is the most likely scenario, Ill be nice and send them a email detailing the future proceedings (thats if they actually read emails anymore).
Oct 8, 2015
152 posts
80 upvotes
I read some positive reviews and then bought some Freedompop sim cards sending to MyMallBox address, but in this week I saw massive negative reviews on their Facebook. Seems that the company is not operating anymore !?