Shopping Discussion

Beware of My Mall Box myMallbox.com

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 11:02 am
Nov 13, 2013
152 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone who had only 2 steps on their Globegistics tracking got their package before. The last step says enroute to the facility but haven't had any other updates. I didn't pay for tracking so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.
Oct 16, 2014
46 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
one guy in the thread mentioned he did, but other who were around the late july/early aug are having these issues
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2140 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
Yurickz wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:04 am
Has anyone who had only 2 steps on their Globegistics tracking got their package before. The last step says enroute to the facility but haven't had any other updates. I didn't pay for tracking so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.
I would take what you see on the Globelogistics tracking site with a grain of salt.

I ordered an item in June, and it did eventually arrive, but when I looked back at that old tracking number, it still has not yet updated on the Globelogistics site (and doubt it ever will).

Still says "Shipment In Transit to Destination".
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1006 posts
106 upvotes
any cheap mymallbox alternative?
Nov 13, 2013
152 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
So if they never shipped your package, obviously you can chargeback the shipping but can you do anything else?
Oct 16, 2014
46 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
Yurickz wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 12:35 pm
So if they never shipped your package, obviously you can chargeback the shipping but can you do anything else?
I just got off the phone with Paypal and Visa. Visa was super helpful as was paypal and I'll be seeing a chargeback for shipping and my items in the coming days. Just make sure you have all seller and tracking info.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
121 upvotes
lock1nout wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:08 pm
I just got off the phone with Paypal and Visa. Visa was super helpful as was paypal and I'll be seeing a chargeback for shipping and my items in the coming days. Just make sure you have all seller and tracking info.
I dont get this. What has seller done wrong? Item has been delivered to address.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4110 posts
1349 upvotes
42energy wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:27 pm
I dont get this. What has seller done wrong? Item has been delivered to address.
seller did nothing wrong. mymallbox has $100 insurance on some options so that's all the buyer would be eligible for if item get lost en route to canada
Oct 16, 2014
46 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
42energy wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:27 pm
It wasn't the seller, it was the shipper! Mymallbox takes responsibility of the contents once they sign for them therefore they assume the liability.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
121 upvotes
lock1nout wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:55 pm
It wasn't the seller, it was the shipper! Mymallbox takes responsibility of the contents once they sign for them therefore they assume the liability.
But Visa Paypal's reponsibility is done once it's delivered to MMB. So basically you are risking $300 or $500 or whatever item is worth?
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
121 upvotes
lock1nout wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 2:55 pm
So you get shipping fee back. No protection on item which is the most important part.

Im not worried about shipping cost of $20-30 back which I can easily get back from credit card. It's the item that I have no protection.
Last edited by 42energy on Aug 30th, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2014
46 posts
5 upvotes
Timmins, ON
42energy wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 3:10 pm
So you get shipping fee back. No protection on item which is the most important part.
I got shipping fee plus contents covered. My non paypal visa is linked with my paypal account. I don't know if this is inclusive with my particular brand of card but I was covered. Visa made the distinction, not me.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
121 upvotes
lock1nout wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 3:26 pm
I got shipping fee plus contents covered. My non paypal visa is linked with my paypal account. I don't know if this is inclusive with my particular brand of card but I was covered. Visa made the distinction, not me.
So you made two transactions: one to buy the item and one to pay for shipping. You got both refunded back? Like you went through 2-3 months process to hear both sides of story and they made final decision to credit you?

I don't understand how seller cannot win this dispute. As far as item(seller) is concerned, that has been delivered to address and there will be zero protection. Only shipping charge is safe right now as far as I can see.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3967 posts
1316 upvotes
BC
Looking at the Facebook reviews for myMallBox, things have definitely gone downhill this year.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40979 posts
9901 upvotes
Hmmm. Anyone have mymallbox ship to a regular US mailbox for pick up?

Does it make sense to pay for insurance, and is it around $1 for each $100 insurance?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Danny00119