Shopping Discussion

Beware of My Mall Box myMallbox.com

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:10 am
Nov 2, 2015
148 posts
28 upvotes
Markham
Can I purchase an unlocked Iphone in US and ship it to Canada?

DO I need to pay duty or I can take my own risk?
Jan 5, 2013
595 posts
121 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
a16107 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:26 am
Can I purchase an unlocked Iphone in US and ship it to Canada?

DO I need to pay duty or I can take my own risk?
Yes, and I've done so twice before.

However processing times are taking an extra 3-4 days now and it's been taking 2-3 weeks to get to me now.

They usually declare below the actual value and if you ship by USPS, there is a lower chance of getting dinged.

Worth it if you can't get a ride to the border.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
39651 posts
9013 upvotes
Petrified1 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:00 pm

However processing times are taking an extra 3-4 days now and it's been taking 2-3 weeks to get to me now.

They usually declare below the actual value and if you ship by USPS, there is a lower chance of getting dinged.

Do you buy additional insurance?
Jan 5, 2013
595 posts
121 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:01 pm
Do you buy additional insurance?
No I didn't but I did opt for tracking just so I know where my package is at all times.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
119 upvotes
Petrified1 wrote:

You had a shipment recently? As in like less than 2 weeks? Because it seems risky right now with whatever problems they are having
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2010
4621 posts
1208 upvotes
Canada
What are the alternatives now
Zoomer $36 2GB LTE Plan
Nov 2, 2015
148 posts
28 upvotes
Markham
Petrified1 wrote:

I am thinking to do that for the new iPhone X, its an overpriced phone and wish I can save some exchange rate and tax.

1.21 now vs 1.32 for apple and 0% tax in Delaware

I will think about it but it is the best to buy in person of cuz.
Jan 5, 2013
595 posts
121 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
42energy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:41 pm
You had a shipment recently? As in like less than 2 weeks? Because it seems risky right now with whatever problems they are having
Yes,

I've used their services even after they lost a $60 USD serum from Amazon from me but they reimbursed me on PayPal.

The latest package I got from was a laptop but shipping was $60 and it was stuck at customs for 2 weeks.

After my note 8, I'm not going to use it any longer.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
119 upvotes
That assumes they are even going to respond to emails to cover item cost. I'm afraid to order anything to them now.
May 3, 2011
25 posts
4 upvotes
imho alot of the people in this thread are overreacting, yes mymallbox has **** up and yes they will continue to **** it's just how the international postal system works. sometimes things get lost sometimes it's gonna be mmb's fault othertimes its not. however i've used them recently and they've been pretty responsive on twitter and their shipping is the cheapest from all the options i saw. am i telling you to use them, not at all, use whatever service u want. however i can say with utmost certainty that they aren't scammers they are not just gonna take your package and run.

those are my 2 cents.
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
119 upvotes
rrco wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:20 pm
imho alot of the people in this thread are overreacting, yes mymallbox has **** up and yes they will continue to **** it's just how the international postal system works. sometimes things get lost sometimes it's gonna be mmb's fault othertimes its not. however i've used them recently and they've been pretty responsive on twitter and their shipping is the cheapest from all the options i saw. am i telling you to use them, not at all, use whatever service u want. however i can say with utmost certainty that they aren't scammers they are not just gonna take your package and run.

those are my 2 cents.
No they have systemic problem. Buy me order has not been fulfilled and they shut that down. I sent inquery several times and never heard back. They have stopped writing anything on blogs, Facebook, etc. This is bigger problem than percentage of mail going missing.
Sep 14, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Had used MyMallBox for 2 items in the past year or so, and both items arrived on time without issues.
Oct 7, 2008
736 posts
89 upvotes
Can someone confirm that bestbuy has blackilsted them? I tried to order a phone from bestbuy to mymallbox and it got auto rejected. BTW mymallbox service has been okay with me.
May 3, 2011
25 posts
4 upvotes
42energy wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:31 pm
No they have systemic problem. Buy me order has not been fulfilled and they shut that down. I sent inquery several times and never heard back. They have stopped writing anything on blogs, Facebook, etc. This is bigger problem than percentage of mail going missing.
maybe you're not wrong but anyone can go check their twitter and u can see responses happening in real time day to day. my only recommendation is do your own research im not convincing anyone to use them, there are multiple other services like shipitto and cbp but at the same time alot of the complaints i see about MMB are unwarranted and just petty.