Off Topic

Beware: TTC November Metropass was not mailed to Metropass Discount Plan customers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2018 11:16 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6120 posts
4310 upvotes
Toronto

Beware: TTC November Metropass was not mailed to Metropass Discount Plan customers

Be careful, those who receive the TTC Metropass by snail mail... you won't be receiving one for November 2018, so you either go and buy one at the TTC Ticket booth, or just get a Presto card, and start a new TTC Metropass Discount Plan

If you are adding one to your Presto Card, or starting a new MDP subscription, do not leave it to the last minute... remember Presto transactions can take up to 24 hours to show up on your card
TTC’s Metropass Discount Plan ending early over postal delivery concerns

The TTC has ended its Metropass Discount Plan (MDP) program earlier than anticipated due to the ongoing uncertainty of the Canada Post labour negotiations that could impact delivery of November or December Metropasses. The MDP program was scheduled to end in December as the TTC transitions to PRESTO.

MDP customers will not be charged for the November and December Metropasses and will instead receive a credit on November 1 and December 1 of $12.25 for adults or $9.75 for seniors/youths, the equivalent of the MDP discount on a Metropass. MDP customers will also receive a $6 credit on November 1 that can be used to purchase a PRESTO card.

The TTC encourages MDP customers to sign up for the 12 Month Pass on PRESTO. It costs the same ($134 for adults and $107 for seniors/youths), requires the same 12-month commitment and provides the same unlimited travel as the MDP pass. The monthly pass is automatically updated each month, removing the need to mail passes to customers. As well, if a PRESTO card is lost or stolen, it can be cancelled and replaced without the customer having to purchase a new monthly pass.

The 12 Month Pass is available for sale at prestocard.ca from the last eight days of the month through the first five days of the new month. Customers who don’t have access to a computer can get a registration form by calling PRESTO's Customer Service Centre at 1-877-378-6123. Forms are also available from the TTC's Metropass Discount Plan office at 1900 Yonge St. More information about the 12 Month Pass is available at ttc.ca.
http://www.ttc.ca/News/2018/October/11_ ... _early.jsp
Last edited by roblombardi on Oct 29th, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2092 posts
387 upvotes
thanks... i'm adding the new metropass to my free presto card :)

i had no clue about this, and was wondering why i hadn't received the november metropass yet.... i can see chaos coming up on november 1

has anybody else seen any other advertising on the subway or on thePA system about this?... why wouldn't the ttc think about informing the mdp subscribers about their decision in a better way than just posting it online?... this notice is not even shown on their homepage!... :facepalm:
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2434 posts
746 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think all MDP accounts received an email regarding on the 2nd week of Oct. I received one on Oct 11th and received a follow up email on the 19th and also posted on ttc website.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6120 posts
4310 upvotes
Toronto
boldventure wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 1:11 pm
I think all MDP accounts received an email regarding on the 2nd week of Oct. I received one on Oct 11th and received a follow up email on the 19th and also posted on ttc website.
I never received any e-mail regarding this... but, then again, I've been part of the MDP for over 15 years, so that could have been the reason
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8106 posts
1545 upvotes
Toronto
Esteban Pirazo wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 8:17 am
thanks... i'm adding the new metropass to my free presto card :)

i had no clue about this, and was wondering why i hadn't received the november metropass yet.... i can see chaos coming up on november 1

has anybody else seen any other advertising on the subway or on thePA system about this?... why wouldn't the ttc think about informing the mdp subscribers about their decision in a better way than just posting it online?... this notice is not even shown on their homepage!... :facepalm:
There was a written notice sent by mail. I think I found mine in the same envelope when I received the October metropass.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2092 posts
387 upvotes
appleb wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 2:20 pm
There was a written notice sent by mail. I think I found mine in the same envelope when I received the October metropass.
i received that note also with the october metropass... but the note was just a reminder about the current metropass discount plan ending in december... it said nothing about the ttc not sending november and december metropasses because of the canada post strike
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8106 posts
1545 upvotes
Toronto
Esteban Pirazo wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 7:38 am
i received that note also with the october metropass... but the note was just a reminder about the current metropass discount plan ending in december... it said nothing about the ttc not sending november and december metropasses because of the canada post strike
The note I received definitely mentioned the labour strike, and the decision to end the MDP early with the small refund for November and December.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17691 posts
2904 upvotes
Toronto
Why is this in the politics subforum?
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6120 posts
4310 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 10:18 am
Why is this in the politics subforum?
No clue... it was on Off Topic
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2092 posts
387 upvotes
appleb wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 9:43 am
The note I received definitely mentioned the labour strike, and the decision to end the MDP early with the small refund for November and December.
i'm positive i never received a note like that... but at least i am now prepared
i also sent yesterday an e-mail to the ttc, and i noticed today they added the warning on their homepage