Beyond Meat added at Tim Hortons menu

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2019 11:31 am
114 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3384 upvotes
I think that fking chicken $1.99 might have been a variant of something similar cuz it is so rubbery.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
My wife tried the veggie burger the other day but wasn’t impressed.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote: My wife tried the veggie burger the other day but wasn’t impressed.
at A&W? What's her recommendation for better?
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
Oh my god, IT'S PEOPLE!!!!
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: I think that fking chicken $1.99 might have been a variant of something similar cuz it is so rubbery.
LOL yeah even if it is bad it cannot be much worse than what passes for "meat" there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
Tim Hortons is for coffee and baked goods. I can kind of see breakfast, since muffins, croissants etc. are breakfasty anyway. But they really should stop trying to be a full fast food restaurant. If I ever eat lunch at Tim Hortons, it's because I'm in a small town I don't know and there are really no other options.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote: at A&W? What's her recommendation for better?
This thread is about Tim Hortons...

The veggie burger at Harvey’s was decent. Not sure if it still is.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote: This thread is about Tim Hortons...

The veggie burger at Harvey’s was decent. Not sure if it still is.
The article link doesn't work and I figure the thread referring to a beyond meat breakfast sandwich since I've never heard of Tims serving burgers. I assumed you meant your wife tried it at A&W which is the only place that has beyond meat burgers on the menu
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
i am a vagitarian not a vegetarian
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Manatus wrote: Tim Hortons is for coffee and baked goods.
It is?
The last time I had a donut there I cried because it ruined my memory of what donuts were actually like.
If I ever eat lunch at Tim Hortons, it's because I'm in a small town I don't know and there are really no other options.
I don't know... I'd still rather gamble on a small town restaurant than literally anything that's a passing resemblance to "food" at Tim's.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
Tims has Beyond Meat on their breakfast menu - one is Beyond Sausage and Egg sandwich ('sausage', cheese, egg, english muffin), with the combo the cost is under $7. A&W offers the same breakfast combo but the price was almost $10. I tried both places yesterday.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
Its sucks. It is changed a bit because its to substitute sausage. It also tastes nothing like the A&W burger which is also double the size. So the Tims one is obviously a different version and it sucks lol
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
I hate the hashbrowns at Tim Hortons. They don't have a fryer so it's baked. It's not even baked at a high enough temp to be crispy so it's half chewy rubbery.
It is possible to get crispy baked hashbrowns with my home oven! Why the heck can't Timmies??
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
shutterbug wrote: Why the heck can't Timmies??
I can't even figure out why they have food in the first place.
There isn't anything on the menu that's even edible let alone passable.
Why they keep trying to push food is beyond me...
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
death_hawk wrote: It is?
The last time I had a donut there I cried because it ruined my memory of what donuts were actually like.

I don't know... I'd still rather gamble on a small town restaurant than literally anything that's a passing resemblance to "food" at Tim's.
Is there a thread on anything Tim's where you don't have a 1/2 dozen posts ripping into anything and everything about it the company? They can hire Chef Ramsey to personally concoct your donut and sandwich, Juan Carlos to brew your coffee fresh for you and you would still find a reason to bash and hate. It seems to be very personal with you, perhaps seek someone to speak to. I'm sure the over 5 million customers that go there every day find the food and drink perfectly acceptable.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
ottofly wrote: They can hire Chef Ramsey to personally concoct your donut and sandwich, Juan Carlos to brew your coffee fresh for you and you would still find a reason to bash and hate.
My main issue is with ingredient quality.
If Chef Ramsey actually made a donut there I'd be over the moon because it'd actually be good.
Hell if they used whipped cream instead of whipped topping I'd be marginally happy.
I'm sure the over 5 million customers that go there every day find the food and drink perfectly acceptable.
I think I'm right because Tim's is posting worse and worse quarterly results. People are realizing it's shit and moving on.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
death_hawk wrote: My main issue is with ingredient quality.
If Chef Ramsey actually made a donut there I'd be over the moon because it'd actually be good.
Hell if they used whipped cream instead of whipped topping I'd be marginally happy.

I think I'm right because Tim's is posting worse and worse quarterly results. People are realizing it's shit and moving on.
Umm, no you are not right. Stop going on and on about food quality, the donuts have been made off premises for well over 15 years, now it is suddenly an issue? Sure. Instead of 5.3 million visitors/day they've dropped to 5.1 million. :D New store opens every 10 days lol. Real reason for the decline is MCD giving FREE coffee for full week straight and $1.00/any size coffee almost monthly. Reality is, even as someone who goes to Tim's like me, I head straight for MCD when they have these offers. A FREE coffee always tastes better than a $1.79 coffee. The lineups and wait is as bad as ever. Try harder.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
ottofly wrote: Umm, no you are not right.
Their quarterly results tend to disagree with this.
Just above their CEO said that the cold was to blame for slowing sales.
Stop going on and on about food quality, the donuts have been made off premises for well over 15 years, now it is suddenly an issue?

When have I ever said it's a recent issue.
I've had issues since literally the first day of offsite production.
It was a giant noticeable change.

Sure. Instead of 5.3 million visitors/day they've dropped to 5.1 million.
That's a 5% drop in clientele. That's pretty damn significant.
Real reason for the decline is MCD giving FREE coffee for full week straight and $1.00/any size coffee almost monthly.
Nah. It's the cold.
The lineups and wait is as bad as ever.

Maybe I'm the only one with taste buds...
Try harder.
Someone tell that to Tim's please.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1308 posts
1287 upvotes
Toronto
I generally have a double beyond meat burger @ A&W and a beyond meat burger + fried egg @ Richtree Eaton Centre on a weekly basis.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)