Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 9, 2016
71 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Bharat matrimony & Shaadi.com

Has anyone used these websites to find a life partner???
Anything you need to watch out for??
Spent a lot of money on these 2 websites but still cannot find anyone
Any other suggestions??
13 replies
Oct 7, 2014
110 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I'll give my 2 cents.

If you are a girl looking for a guy.
1. 55% guys are just looking for an easy lay
2. 15% of the guys are gay trying to keep their parents at bay from the obvious
3. 15% of the guys are students looking to get a hold of a PR/Citizenship status bride ;)
4. 10% consists of folks that have dreams 10 sizes to large ...
5. Whatever is left is actually honestly looking but is too doubtful to actually go through.

Reverse above.
1. 75% of the girls want a guy with Satya Nadela's job/salary, with the looks of the latest Bollywood hunk.
2. 10% girls don't know their parents/sister/brother made an account for them
2. 13% girls already have a relationship going or are invested in one and want their parents of their back - key word different cultured beau
3. 1.8% are trying...and keeping their hopes afloat by spending $$$
4. The rest don't statistically matter

My suggestion - open your mind and look outside the box. Lots of new cultures to learn about...
[OP]
Jan 9, 2016
71 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thank you for the insight
Very open-minded....no caste feelings or anything
But it's next to impossible to find someone who did their schooling in Canada / grew up in Canada :(
Half the ppl can't even speak proper English
Don't know what to do :(
Jul 17, 2008
199 posts
153 upvotes
Sharing my experience, I had free membership account on both the websites and did not work. When I was serious, i paid for the membership at Bharat matrimony based on the user profiles on both the websites. I found my life partner through the website and worked well for both of us. If you are in Canada, then look for profiles that are located here and only initiate the contact outside if you are planning on going there.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1434 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I haven't personally used the websites but I know someone who has and it did not work out for that person. Perhaps the biggest issue was not sticking to the same country as the one that person was in and secondly not doing a criminal background check...

I would go beyond those two websites and even try POF or some other free dating website where you can filter out the results. There are tons of people out there and you just need to keep a very open mind.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6767 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
deepthi2016 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 7:08 pm
What is a POF?
Never heard of that
POF is a website mainly with people looking for sex or women of low standards looking for men of very high standards.
What about traditional ways that Indians used.
I once met a guy whose family was instrumental in hookups.
He was in IT and made good money and had just emigrated to Canada.Hooked himself up with a nice Dentist from India.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14182 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto
Why don't you just go outside and talk to people? Sign up for intramural sports, go to temple, join a cultcrossfit, take a cooking class, go hand out with your friends more, etc.

As dan4663 said, a lot of the people on those sites don't want to be there, and will feel like they're settling for you to get their parents off their backs. You deserve better than that.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Oct 7, 2014
110 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Depending on your career, area of work etc, try mingling with people with similar educational background as you have the
basics covered. The rest needs to be explored.

I would post the usual " This thread is useless without pics " meme but can't from work ;)
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15701 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lol
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Sep 19, 2013
952 posts
275 upvotes
Winnipeg
dan4663 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 9:19 pm
I'll give my 2 cents.

If you are a girl looking for a guy.
1. 55% guys are just looking for an easy lay
2. 15% of the guys are gay trying to keep their parents at bay from the obvious
3. 15% of the guys are students looking to get a hold of a PR/Citizenship status bride ;)
4. 10% consists of folks that have dreams 10 sizes to large ...
5. Whatever is left is actually honestly looking but is too doubtful to actually go through.

Reverse above.
1. 75% of the girls want a guy with Satya Nadela's job/salary, with the looks of the latest Bollywood hunk.
2. 10% girls don't know their parents/sister/brother made an account for them
2. 13% girls already have a relationship going or are invested in one and want their parents of their back - key word different cultured beau
3. 1.8% are trying...and keeping their hopes afloat by spending $$$
4. The rest don't statistically matter

My suggestion - open your mind and look outside the box. Lots of new cultures to learn about...
ha ha ha..
Sep 19, 2013
952 posts
275 upvotes
Winnipeg
deepthi2016 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 9:45 pm
But it's next to impossible to find someone who did their schooling in Canada / grew up in Canada :(
i also personally know atleast a cpl of Indian girls who have grown up in Canada and have been looking for a few yrs. so dont know where all the guys are !!! guess they are getting married across ethnicities creating a shortage of Canadian-born Indian men? just wondering.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4729 posts
400 upvotes
Scarborough
pickup any local indian newspaper (from southasian stores) and contact the marriage bureau's listed in them.......usually those aunties can hook you up........
But they charge money for "registration" with them (they work outta their homes).
Sep 8, 2008
129 posts
6 upvotes
Canada
deepthi2016 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 7:31 pm
Has anyone used these websites to find a life partner???
Anything you need to watch out for??
Spent a lot of money on these 2 websites but still cannot find anyone
Any other suggestions??
I had used this site 5 years back. I found it to be ok. I know couple of my friends hooked up with partner of their choice through these portals. If you are serious then make a strong profile and detailed it with all the info what you want and what you like blah blah blah. But don't guarantee anyone of relationship or tieing the knot until you personally meet them. Talk to your parents and involve them in this process as it will be a great experience if your intent is right. But these are good sites and they are spending millions of US dollars for their customers and got customer service to help you to enhance your profile. But if you just intent to date and try the relationship like POF or any western dating site then sorry this not for you as these things don't work in any Indian marriage culture.