• Oct 29th, 2008 6:09 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1265 posts
36 upvotes

[Costco] Bialetti Cookware 11 pc - $139 @ Costco - Made in Italy

The only reason it seems like a hot deal is because of the 'made in italy' stamp.

Akaz
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2006
2208 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Are you saying my Dollarama "Made in China" is not a HOT deal??
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
1566 posts
4 upvotes
R. Hill
Because some crap is stamped "Made in Italy" doesn't make it good. My wife and I received a Bialetti set plus a deep sauce pan and have thrown it all out after only a year or so.

My recommendation, stay far away from Bialetti products, unless it's their espresso makers (the stove top style).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1265 posts
36 upvotes
ynot wrote:
Oct 29th, 2008 4:23 pm
Because some crap is stamped "Made in Italy" doesn't make it good. My wife and I received a Bialetti set plus a deep sauce pan and have thrown it all out after only a year or so.

My recommendation, stay far away from Bialetti products, unless it's their espresso makers (the stove top style).
Anyone else second this? wife already bought the stuff and if it doesn't last i could return it.
Oct 28, 2008
4 posts
Alberta
I bought a Bialetti set at Costco a year ago or so, and it's in great shape. Mind you, I use it every day since we cook a lot at home. Only place where the teflon is wearing off is at the very top edge of the pans, but my guess is that it's from stacking the pots one inside the other for storage. The model of this set, and I'm guessing here that it's the model number, is 00AKC035. It's stamped on the bottom of each pot just below the "BIALETTI" logo. Hope this helps.
× < >