The Big Bang Theory- Thread (season 8) - Back on 22 Sept

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 1:35 am
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13928 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
definitely enjoyed some more laughs than i have recently with the show. hopefully it keeps up! i was starting to get a little bored tbh.. :( never thought i'd say that about this show
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13790 posts
2334 upvotes
Toronto
johnsazzr wrote:
Dec 19th, 2015 10:40 am
going to be last season
Nope. Renewed for another 2-3 seasons.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8290 posts
1687 upvotes
Toronto
MaceWindu wrote:
Nov 6th, 2015 1:52 pm
With the new Star Wars movie coming out soon I was hoping for more reference to Star Wars in this season but not much so far.
Half of the latest episode was about them seeing TFA, satisfied? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7114 posts
660 upvotes
Victoria
johnsazzr wrote:
Dec 19th, 2015 10:40 am
going to be last season
It's American Network TV. They're not worried about creativity, as long as enough eyeballs watch it they'll keep making seasons. I don't thing Big Bang is as good was it was, but the only think it's guilty of is a long career. Most shows kind of wander after 5 to 7 seasons. At some point the well starts to run dry.

As long as the ratings are decent they'll keep making episodes.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23313 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2016 7:51 pm
It's American Network TV. They're not worried about creativity, as long as enough eyeballs watch it they'll keep making seasons. I don't thing Big Bang is as good was it was, but the only think it's guilty of is a long career. Most shows kind of wander after 5 to 7 seasons. At some point the well starts to run dry.

As long as the ratings are decent they'll keep making episodes.
Emily needs to become a regular.

Maybe Stuart needs to become ill (cancer to end the season). Then pass away next season and leave the Comic store to Howard and Bernadette (or the whole gang). Hmmm, maybe Bernadette gets pregnant and they name the baby Stuart to end next season. :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7114 posts
660 upvotes
Victoria
Psubs wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2016 7:57 pm
Emily needs to become a regular.

Maybe Stuart needs to become ill (cancer to end the season). Then pass away next season and leave the Comic store to Howard and Bernadette (or the whole gang). Hmmm, maybe Bernadette gets pregnant and they name the baby Stuart to end next season. :D
I can see them bringing in a baby as way to try and revitalize the series (bringing in a kid is a classic 80s sitcom technique). I figured it'd be Amy though because they only did the one time.
Mar 27, 2015
612 posts
145 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I don't get Emily at all. She's somewhat unlikeable and I think Raj needs someone more warm and nurturing. In some ways she kinda creepy. There's no chemistry between these two. The same with his previous girlfriend with the big head that was always escaping through the bathroom window - no chemistry there at all. Although maybe that's what they're going for.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15766 posts
541 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Emily is hot, I hope they keep her! Also anybody see the new episode? I hope they are adding another new hot permanent character, I think her name was Claire, she had white hair, I found her very attractive.

Best line ever: "I just gave you my virginity woman, cool your jets!"
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8290 posts
1687 upvotes
Toronto
33966 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 11:30 pm
Emily is hot, I hope they keep her! I hope they are adding another new hot permanent character, I think her name was Claire, she had white hair, I found her very attractive.
I only caught the very end of the episode and it seems Raj and the show probably can't have both.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3757 posts
726 upvotes
Sask.
I don't like Emily with Raj, either. Claire seems more to suit him.

Wow, who knew Meemaw would be such a toughie! They picked a great character actor for her, though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8290 posts
1687 upvotes
Toronto
Alessandra Torresani who portrayed Claire has some geek cred having starred in the short lived Battlestar Galactica spinoff 'Caprica'