Entertainment

The Big Bang Theory- Thread (season 8) - Back on 22 Sept

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 1:35 am
Dec 22, 2014
509 posts
112 upvotes
Regina, SK
The premiere wasn't all that good, but it was way better than last season's first episode. The Sheldon/Amy breakup was such just a mess and creating conflict between Penny/Leonard with him revealing a drunken kiss prior to their wedding. The first few eps of season 9 were some of the worst of the series for me.

They really dropped the ball with Penny's family in terms of her brother and mom. Both were horribly written, miscast and portrayed. Even Katey Sagal looked like she was struggling to spit out lines. Jack McBrayer as the drug dealing ex-con, but they kept his appearance squeaky clean and he just played himself. I get the joke is more about taking the actor and putting him in an atypical role for him, but the joke falls flat because he can't commit and deliver anything new.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7509 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Sep 21st, 2016 9:56 am
Terrible.

Please be last season.
Yah I'm horrible at giving up on a show before it finishes... so it would be nice if this one finished up... lol. I imagine it's all contract negotiations though. If ratings remain solid/high, they'll probably do another season for giant paycheques.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3776 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
Episode much better tonight. Totally cracked up about the apple slices/french fries situation (maybe one would have had to be pregnant to understand....)

“The Big Bang Theory” actors fill the top four slots of the 2016 “highest paid TV actors” list released by Forbes on Thursday.

4. Kunal Nayyar — $22 million
3. Simon Helberg — $22.5 million
2. Johnny Galecki — $24 million
1. Jim Parsons — $25.5 million

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/highest ... 201869696/
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15822 posts
574 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
death star from star trek lol
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8817 posts
1538 upvotes
Somewhere
funny that penny is so integral to the show, yet doesnt make as much as the big 4.
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8467 posts
1396 upvotes
dont laugh very much at this show anymore, and introducing the baby will likely spell for the doom for this show, just like how i met your mother.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3571 posts
457 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 4:46 pm
funny that penny is so integral to the show, yet doesnt make as much as the big 4.
Do you mean Kaley Cuoco? She's one of the big 3 who make the most money.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7509 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
It feels like it lost it's geeky roots and became the same as any other sitcom that's been on for 10 years. We're out of idea.. lets introduce a baby.. lol..

I keep watching it but I do hope they cancel it soon... it's past due :(
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
Although the show is now almost entirely humour-free, I did laugh at Amy's fantasy of Sheldon as a train engineer.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1845 posts
224 upvotes
In another world
I haven't wathed the last season, but reviews indicate the show is going down.
Too bad, it was one of my favourite TV series.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13932 posts
74 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
gontori wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 10:33 am
I haven't wathed the last season, but reviews indicate the show is going down.
Too bad, it was one of my favourite TV series.
I'm one of the people who are watching just because I've watched since the very beginning.. I usually just have it in the background playing though :\
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3349 posts
422 upvotes
I gave up a few seasons ago as didn't find it funny anymore and was just the same stuff over and over again, sounds like I got out before it really turned bad.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2942 posts
212 upvotes
Kingston
The show went downhill the moment they introduced Bernadette and Amy and made them Sheldon and Howard's GF's. The entire show's dynamic was based on 4 nerds and 1 hot chick. By introducing Bernie and Amy, it threw the entire dynamics off balance and the show has suffered for it. I understand that it eventually needed to happen to keep the story moving forward, but it's unfortunate that the show went from doing nerdy experiments to the guys doing stupid stuff that got them in trouble with their GF/Wives. When was the last time the guys did a nerdy experiment? I haven't watched the show in 3 yrs, so idk, but based on what I have read, its been a loooooooooong time/

Since it is a Chuck Lorre show, that explains everything. Lorre's shows have a shelf life of about 5 seasons (First 2 seasons are character development, next 3 seasons are your prime seasons). Come Season 6, the show begins to decline. We saw that in 2 and half men, seen it in TBBT and will see it in his other shows too.