• May 15th, 2017 1:35 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7182 posts
679 upvotes
Victoria
kcorscadden wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 6:06 pm
but it's unfortunate that the show went from doing nerdy experiments to the guys doing stupid stuff that got them in trouble with their GF/Wives.
I often refer to that as the home improvement plot. Almost every episode of home improvement was Tim doing something stupid, and then having to make it up to his wife. Now when any sitcom backs into the same repeated plots it gets monotonous :(

I will say the opening bit of this weeks episode before any plot was pretty funny. With the spinning thing and raj holding his breath. Probably the funniest bit I've seen in a while.
Dec 22, 2014
468 posts
98 upvotes
Regina, SK
I don't mind the spouses, but I hate some of the choices they have made for them over the years. At times Bernadette is just mean spirited and terrible. Amy is just retconned on regular basis to push Sheldon's development along. Lately they use Penny to start fights with Leonard for very little reason, like the recent episode where she was angry because Leonard supposedly wasn't trying anymore.

I wonder how they would right Amy and Bernadette out of the show if they don't make a deal. Hit by a train?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16095 posts
1010 upvotes
Woodbridge
The way in see it, the four was really in a Virtual Reality all this time and either Leonard or Sheldon's mother unplugged them.

Women need to go, keep Penny but not romantically linked to Leonard.

The way I see it the last 2-3 seasons just kept getting worse.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13825 posts
1406 upvotes
Toronto
They really need to drop the focus on the married couples and do more stuff with Raj and Stewart. I find myself completely tuning out when it comes to Leonard and Penny's stories in particular.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7182 posts
679 upvotes
Victoria
It's too bad it got renewed.. they should give it a good end. I don't think there changing course any time soon. I agree it would be awesome if the studio opted to change direction and didn't renew those other two contracts. I'm wonder if the additional of female characters increase female viewership or something? Must be a reason they keep going with it. I suppose it could be the, we've been going for 10 years and have run out of ideas thing.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
24422 posts
5253 upvotes
GTHA
jenviea wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:33 pm
Renewed for two more seasons despite Rauch and Bialik not having contracts yet (article believes they will sign on eventually)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... it-deals-9
Five of the show's stars took a $100,000-per-episode pay cut to their rich contracts in a show of support for co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch, who are holding out for salary parity for the two-season pickup leading through its 12th and expected final season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... uts-989375
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1113 posts
157 upvotes
THAT is some crazy money being thrown around.

No wonder they want to do a Sheldon prequel.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8364 posts
1720 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 8:25 pm
Five of the show's stars took a $100,000-per-episode pay cut to their rich contracts in a show of support for co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch...
Right
jenviea wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 11:21 am
For those who don't like the spouses there's a slim possibility Bernadette and Amy will get the boot

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-big ... 201999243/

It's interesting the other five were willing to take a pay cut to bump up the holdouts salary