• Jul 21st, 2017 1:09 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 7, 2012
528 posts
163 upvotes
TORONTO

Big Brother 19 (US)

I can't seem to find any threads here so I'm starting one. If there is one... please direct me there and delete this.

Any other RFDers watching this season? Thoughts?

Personally, I'm loving it. A little heavy on the Production but it's been gold!!!
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9753 posts
515 upvotes
Mississauga
Can't stand Cody and his soulless eyes, so he hopefully goes home tonight.

Jessica under stress is causing her looks to seriously fade. Kind of fascinating to see.
[OP]
Nov 7, 2012
528 posts
163 upvotes
TORONTO
Talamasca wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 11:11 am
Can't stand Cody and his soulless eyes, so he hopefully goes home tonight.

Jessica under stress is causing her looks to seriously fade. Kind of fascinating to see.
Cody will probably leave tonight but as a character he's been gold. "Victim noises"

has been jokes.

If anything I'm really annoyed by Jessica. She makes me cringe(cuddling/making out with Cody) more than Josh. She's so jaded and can't even see that Cody is so sprung over Alex.
May 23, 2017
77 posts
17 upvotes
My fiancée and I are loving it too. I've watched since season 1, but this is her first season watching it. Josh is so annoying but really entertaining, but really, Cody is right, he is a big baby always crying.

if you guys want a good laugh, look up Elaina online before all of her plastic surgery, she looks so gross now, I don't know how anyone finds her attractive. Also look up Paul without a beard, he's a really good looking guy without the beard.

Also, Alex is by far the hottest woman on the show.

ALSO, can we talk about Ramses?!? what is his deal? does he not know how to play the game even though he's a "superfan"! Talk about just throwing his game in the garbage.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9634 posts
801 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 12:35 pm
My fiancée and I are loving it too. I've watched since season 1, but this is her first season watching it. Josh is so annoying but really entertaining, but really, Cody is right, he is a big baby always crying.

if you guys want a good laugh, look up Elaina online before all of her plastic surgery, she looks so gross now, I don't know how anyone finds her attractive. Also look up Paul without a beard, he's a really good looking guy without the beard.

Also, Alex is by far the hottest woman on the show.

ALSO, can we talk about Ramses?!? what is his deal? does he not know how to play the game even though he's a "superfan"! Talk about just throwing his game in the garbage.
Being a superfan doesn't mean you actually have the skill to play the game. He should know better than to act the way he has so far, but his lack of any social and strategy skills will be his downfall, which will probably be next week. If your plan was to throw the comp, then just quit the comp or take a nap before pressing the button. Anything to indicate that you're throwing it.

BB17 was almost unwatchable. BB18 was good because of the cast. BB19 looking good so far. It feel like this is the first season in a while where the production isn't half-assing it. The last 7-8 felt like they were on cruise control. The temptation/curse is an interesting idea. Hopefully it'll last longer than the BB takeover 2 seasons ago which only lasted weeks 3 or BB Roadkill which only lasted 4 weeks.

I was a fan of Cody. I like the guests who shake up the house. It makes for more entertaining TV. But Cody's personality is really unlikable. He's got the personality of someone you just want to punch in the face. I'm impressed with Paul. He managed to use that situation to replace the massive power position that Cody had with himself. But I don't want him to win either.
[OP]
Nov 7, 2012
528 posts
163 upvotes
TORONTO
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:54 pm
Being a superfan doesn't mean you actually have the skill to play the game. He should know better than to act the way he has so far, but his lack of any social and strategy skills will be his downfall, which will probably be next week. If your plan was to throw the comp, then just quit the comp or take a nap before pressing the button. Anything to indicate that you're throwing it.

BB17 was almost unwatchable. BB18 was good because of the cast. BB19 looking good so far. It feel like this is the first season in a while where the production isn't half-assing it. The last 7-8 felt like they were on cruise control. The temptation/curse is an interesting idea. Hopefully it'll last longer than the BB takeover 2 seasons ago which only lasted weeks 3 or BB Roadkill which only lasted 4 weeks.

I was a fan of Cody. I like the guests who shake up the house. It makes for more entertaining TV. But Cody's personality is really unlikable. He's got the personality of someone you just want to punch in the face. I'm impressed with Paul. He managed to use that situation to replace the massive power position that Cody had with himself. But I don't want him to win either.
Paul is starting to become unlikable. But IMO it's something that happens when you become HOH. The new twists with temptations and curses are really screwing around with the house. My wife made a comment today that I couldn't ignore. What if the show decides NOT to evict anyone this week due to Gillian leaving?

But back to Paul. I like him, more so prior to him getting the HOH. Now he's becoming drunk with power. I didn't like how he was ordering Ramses to throw the comp. He could have been a little more 'nice' about it. But other than having Cody possibly leave tonight I'd rather Jessica leave asap. I can't stand her at all right now. The crap that's coming out of her mouth after just 2 weeks with Cody.... puhleasssee!!!!!

Kevin has been a wild card for me. I thought he was going to get booted first as history has shown, older peeps don't last long. But he's good at socializing and making people feel at ease. You notice how he quickly changes topic mid conversation when talking about something serious? And his 2 chainz quip made me question what he actually knows.

Also, Josh.... I want to wring his neck. He's perfect for the show but gawd damn he's annoying.
May 23, 2017
77 posts
17 upvotes
akswun wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 4:05 pm
Paul is starting to become unlikable. But IMO it's something that happens when you become HOH. The new twists with temptations and curses are really screwing around with the house. My wife made a comment today that I couldn't ignore. What if the show decides NOT to evict anyone this week due to Gillian leaving?

But back to Paul. I like him, more so prior to him getting the HOH. Now he's becoming drunk with power. I didn't like how he was ordering Ramses to throw the comp. He could have been a little more 'nice' about it. But other than having Cody possibly leave tonight I'd rather Jessica leave asap. I can't stand her at all right now. The crap that's coming out of her mouth after just 2 weeks with Cody.... puhleasssee!!!!!

Kevin has been a wild card for me. I thought he was going to get booted first as history has shown, older peeps don't last long. But he's good at socializing and making people feel at ease. You notice how he quickly changes topic mid conversation when talking about something serious? And his 2 chainz quip made me question what he actually knows.

Also, Josh.... I want to wring his neck. He's perfect for the show but gawd damn he's annoying.
I agree with you about kevin, he is playing up the old man part like he has no clue what big brother is or how to play... he knows what's up.

That would be great to not evict anyone tonight, it would be a good move for the show to keep the feud going
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9634 posts
801 upvotes
akswun wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 4:05 pm

For spoilers, read the BB19 Wiki page under Twists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_19_(U.S.). All I'll say is it's technically possible in theory.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9753 posts
515 upvotes
Mississauga
Josh's inevitable total meltdown is going to be glorious to behold. That kid is not mentally equipped for this game at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3757 posts
726 upvotes
Sask.
So glad Cody is gone. I really, really dislike Paul.
Jul 11, 2011
692 posts
393 upvotes
Ontario
natalka wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 6:24 am
So glad Cody is gone. I really, really dislike Paul.
Cody is only gone until next Friday's Battle Back Showdown and he wins his way back in...Crying Face
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3757 posts
726 upvotes
Sask.
I know there's a chance, but I can hope he doesn't...
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9634 posts
801 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 5:38 pm

For spoilers, read the BB19 Wiki page under Twists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_19_(U.S.). All I'll say is it's technically possible in theory.
So that link was to the Den of Temptation. I think the Wiki page is wrong because while it doesn't mention who got the 3rd temptation, it states that it was given out last Sunday. But that can't be right as you can still vote who gets the temptation.

Also I don't like that the Den of Temptation is ending next week. Only having the major twist for a quarter of the season is kind of stupid. Hopefully, they'll throw out more surprises throughout the season rather than just go on cruise control until the the finale.
hebsie wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 8:09 am
Cody is only gone until next Friday's Battle Back Showdown and he wins his way back in...Crying Face
If it's an endurance/physical comp (which these "fight your way back into the house" comps tend to be)... Cody is coming back for sure. I don't like him, but he will make for some entertaining TV.
Jan 21, 2013
95 posts
8 upvotes
cody has CRAZY eyes. what a nutjob! i have a feeling he may be back. i cant stand paul & that tatoo is beyond Bad. he may win it all if no one can grow some balls.