Deal Link:
Price:
$15
Expiry:
December 1, 2019
Retailer:
BikeShare
https://bikesharetoronto.com/tba/

Navigate the Toronto Biennial of Art on two wheels with Bike Share Toronto's 10-Day Pass, available for only $15!

Visit a Bike Share Toronto kiosk or download the CycleFinder app from September 21st - December 1st to purchase a TO Biennial Pass. Select '10-Day Pass' and follow the on screen instructions.

When prompted, enter the code TBA2019 to activate the $15 deal.

Complete the sign-up process, get your 5-digit ride code, unlock and RIDE. Ride again and again by inserting your credit card into any kiosk and selecting "I Already Have a Pass" or through our CycleFinder app. Enjoy unlimited 30 minute station-to-station trips for 10 consecutive days. For trips that exceed 30 minutes in length, overage fees apply at a rate of $4 for each additional 30 minutes. To avoid overage fees, simply dock the bike and unlock the same bike (or another) to continue riding.

Any questions or inquiries, please contact customerservice@bikesharetoronto.com or call 855-898-2378.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4664 posts
1852 upvotes
Markham
Who's gonna ride in the snow and cold
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20120 posts
20891 upvotes
Toronto
evoviii wrote: Who's gonna ride in the snow and cold
It's no big deal. You actually get warm when cycling and it's a great way to fight the winter weight gain. Just dress properly

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winter-c ... -1.3314804
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Jan 29, 2010
777 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Do these bikes have snow tires or tires with better grip at least?
Oct 26, 2019
45 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Whomever is the genius behind this promotion should be fired and let go because this is borderline criminally negligent. The service is so/so compared to other cities especially European ones but not just this service is more (perhaps the most) expensive of all but he timing of this promo (highest season for accidents due to day-lights savings time change many drivers, riders and pedestrians are walking dead) on top adverse weather (cold wind/snow/rain and ice probably) conditions and darkness makes this 'promo' stupid and outright dangerous. Imagine teenagers (who are known to make impulse decisions with insufficient due diligence) renting bikes in these two weeks and getting killed. What kind of publicity is that? Why can't they do this when the weather and conditions are more favourable for people to try and get "hooked" to the service like summer where the weather is nice and roads are not as congested due to school and business holidays. Many cities/municipalities all around the world encourage people to use a bike ride share in a safely manner but apparently in Toronto some dummies want to create havoc and the worst publicity ever by dangering people's lives with a promotion like this in this accident season . Typical North American or (stupid Torontonian) fashion.
Last edited by tippytaps on Nov 7th, 2019 9:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mar 9, 2011
998 posts
1616 upvotes
God Bless the winter biker riders! I will honk at them in support but never join them lol
May 28, 2004
530 posts
232 upvotes
Note from the OP (thanks @sprung ) that this promo apparently started September 21. The promo wasn't timed for snowy roads. It is/was a great deal for some, sorry I didn't see this when it started.
Jul 15, 2009
293 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
tippytaps wrote: Whomever is the genius behind this promotion should be fired and let go because this is borderline criminally negligent. The service is so/so compared to other cities especially European ones but not just this service is more (perhaps the most) expensive of all but he timing of this promo (highest season for accidents due to day-lights savings time change many drivers, riders and pedestrians are walking dead) on top adverse weather (cold wind/snow/rain and ice probably) conditions and darkness makes this 'promo' stupid and outright dangerous. Imagine teenagers (who are known to make impulse decisions with insufficient due diligence) renting bikes in these two weeks and getting killed. What kind of publicity is that? Why can't they do this when the weather and conditions are more favourable for people to try and get "hooked" to the service like summer where the weather is nice and roads are not as congested due to school and business holidays. Many cities/municipalities all around the world encourage people to use a bike ride share in a safely manner but apparently in Toronto some dummies want to create havoc and the worst publicity ever by dangering people's lives with a promotion like this in this accident season . Typical North American or (stupid Torontonian) fashion.
Definitely the dumbest promotion of the year. If you're an experienced and hard core enough biker to bike through Toronto winters safely with proper protective clothing, then you definitely already own a bike. Considering the fashionable hipster types one sees typically using this service, having them splattered head to toe with street sludge probably isn't going to generate repeat customers. The danger is very real (as mentioned in the quoted post), to which should be added the fact that bike lanes clearing is shoddy at best, so that cyclists are often pressed into dangerous proximity with cars in icy lanes narrowed by snow.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20120 posts
20891 upvotes
Toronto
Jul 15, 2009
293 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
I was a winter cyclist until it became too dangerous, and I say that as a motorcyclist! Anyone that has been a winter cyclist in downtown Toronto will tell you how many times they've nearly been killed--drivers frequently don't have winter tires in T.O. and slide all over the place and almost no one removes snow from side windows so they drive completely blind to what is beside them. I'm definitely all for safe winter cycling, but the noobs who don't own a bike and haven't riden one since they were kids should probably stay off the roads until it's safer.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4664 posts
1852 upvotes
Markham
I rode today as it was only wet roads and I ride mainly on king st (little traffic) and adelaid (dedicated bike lane). I have the annual membership but if there's a layer of snow or potential ice, then i'm out