Jun 29, 2010
6959 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
arm2000 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 11:25 am
... claims from "politicians, religious leaders, titans of industry."
That's exactly the description of climate change
i don't think it's any secret his list of topics will include tackling the claims of the climate change deniers
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2824 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
The paper the dollar is printed on is real, sure, but what does that have to do with concepts like gender and race? Can you hold gender? can you trade race? The concepts of gender and race have not always existed and there is nothing that forces them to exist. They exist because they only exist because the concepts were conceived by a person. In that regard, if you want to consider gender and race as real than God must be real too because the same intellect that brought us gender and race also brought God.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2824 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 12:07 pm
arm2000 wrote:
i don't think it's any secret his list of topics will include tackling the claims of the climate change deniers
Well I also hope he discusses the fact that the ice-core samples that this whole man-made climate change position in based on shows that, historically, global warming has pre-dated elevated carbon levels by about 1000 years. ie. why the ice core samples that suggest global warming causes elevated carbon levels actually proves that elevated carbon levels cause global warming. I've been looking into this for a while and the best the scientists have come up with is that MAYBE when global warming happened the ice cores melted and the carbon in gas bubbled up to the top before refreezing.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
348 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
arm2000 wrote:
Lol. I was talking about climate change supporters
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1171 posts
79 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
I consider race to be very real but I also work in the healthcare field where it is a factor in peoples health.
It may not be real say... If I was a computer programmer.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
510 upvotes
GVR
What's the point?

It's not like people who are on the other side of science on these issues are going to be watching this show. Seems like more preaching to the converted.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2824 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
jrychlik wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 3:39 pm
I consider race to be very real but I also work in the healthcare field where it is a factor in peoples health.
It may not be real say... If I was a computer programmer.
As I said, race is a social construct formed by the grouping together of people who exhibit similar traits. Just because you can use the grouping for real purposes doesn't mean there is true existence within the nature of the group.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6398 upvotes
GTHA
Hooked On Netflix?! Bill Nye Reveals The Truth
An exciting, "science inspired" new way to improve yourself — and your life!

Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6959 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
arm2000 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 2:03 pm
ShoNuff2 wrote:
arm2000 wrote:

Lol. I was talking about climate change supporters
let's just agree he will be taking on many of the claims commonly espoused by scientifically challenged buffoons.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7321 posts
242 upvotes
i6s1 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2016 1:03 am
MexiCanuck wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 8:45 pm
Evolution? Old earth? Climate change?

Netflix share prices may suffer as right-wing idealogues cancel their Netflix subscriptions.
And left wing idealogues as well, I'm sure he'll go after the anti-gmo and alternative medicine crowds, and they tend to be on the other side of the spectrum.
You obviously dont know bill nye, he is against right wing ideologies.

He calls them out all the time.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6398 upvotes
GTHA
Meet the correspondents for Bill Nye Saves the World. Coming to Netflix Spring 2017.

[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6398 upvotes
GTHA

Bill Nye – science guy, educator, mechanical engineer, and curator of curiosity – returns with a new show. Each episode of Bill Nye Saves the World tackles a specific topic or concept through lively panel discussions, wide-ranging correspondent reports from a crackerjack team, and Bill’s very special blend of lab procedure and sly personality.

Bill Nye Saves The World arrives April 21, only on Netflix.

Watch Bill Nye Saves the World: https://www.netflix.com/title/80117748
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6398 upvotes
GTHA
Bill Nye & Todd Yellin (VP of Product, Netflix) counter the “too much TV” meme with 'science' and reinforce Netflix's need to produce premium content globally to satisfy the unique needs of its 93 million members around the world.

Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4451 posts
1957 upvotes
Mississauga
Everyone on RFD thinks they're a scientist, lol. Bill Nye is cool! Used to love watching The Science Guy on VHS when my science teachers were away. Will definitely check this out!